Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short notice beer thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you can dress goth punk chick, or like regular ppl in tshirts and genes :)

i shall most definitley be there this time, and happily toasted. wonder can i get sat morning off work... i keep goin in w/ a destroyed brain

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Deer wrote:
    Judging by this carry on I am indeed lucky I didn't join you two afterwards on Friday night. I would have been on the double jd and cokes in pint glasses and would have been sent to the south infirmary to be pumped.

In fairness now, if I survived without medical attention then I'd say you would've been fine. (Although I didn't progress onto the shots, which may explain why I can actually remember most of the night, even if it is somewhat blurry)
    Deer wrote:
    With regards to plan for the next time how about I just don't go to dinner at all. Then I can stay on the jack daniels and actually have a good time. The only food to be consumed of course will be the obligatry toasted sandwich in tribes which will then no doubt be puked on the way home on the night.

Haha, fair enough. Don't blame us if things go pearshaped though, nothing good has ever come of adam's "eating is cheating" rule being followed.
    Deer wrote:
    That purgatory thing sounds good. I just don't know what to wear

Birthday suits tends to go down quite well ;) Seriously though, I doubt there's much of a dress code - jeans and a top will hardly cause offence. Or you could try and compete with the "sexy dancers" mentioned in the promo material...

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I've never done punk goth before...hmmmmm wonder what I'd look like! Well it would be great to meet you tree. I was told such lovely things about you! I had to go for dinner with my ex the other night and couldn't stay around but as I said from the sound of things I was probably better off!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

TOLD LOVELY THINGS?!?!?!

wtf?!
    ppl were talking about me? spill the beans anois máis é do thoil é

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Heh, your immediate cynicism/paranoia regarding the relative likelihood of people saying something nice about you when you're not there to threaten them is even worse than mine.

Wish I could remember what we did say about you, but it was too early in the evening. I doubt it was anything nasty, it normally takes me a good few drinks (ie circa 10:30ish) to well and truly put my foot in it. And everyone knows JohnK's lovely ;) (just like adam, for that matter - and I should point out that he's still confused as to how you managed to decide he was a lovely fella).

• Advertisement

The only nasty things coming out from Fysh were the filthy texts he was sending me. Can't remember the content but a lot of it was related to me giving me ex bj's after a feed of wine

Deer wrote:
    The only nasty things coming out from Fysh were the filthy texts he was sending me. Can't remember the content but a lot of it was related to me giving me ex bj's after a feed of wine

I will firstly point out that I was being egged on by the other two, and secondly point out that we only got the idea after you said that you hoped you didn't end up doing what your friend was notorious for doing.

(There again, it's not a boards Cork night out if I dont at least try to upset or offend someone, judging by the last few nights out we've had :D)

Did I say I hoped I wouldn't do that? That doesn't sound right at all. Because the idea would have had to been in my mind for me to hope against such a thing..... hmmmm.

The texts weren't in the slightest offensive. You'll have to try much, much, much harder next time. They were actually quite funny. I wish I hadn't deleted my entire inbox on the phone if a fit of pique over something else.

Pathetic. I was in bed by 11.30 on Friday night. That never happens. What a waste of alcohol.

adam IS lovely :) shame he was to drunk to remember why.

Fysh is lovely when he's not sozzled, he then tends to shout in your ear, much bleeding of the ear drums ensues, at least you can ignore texts a bit easier

Tree wrote:
    adam IS lovely :) shame he was to drunk to remember why.

Fysh is lovely when he's not sozzled, he then tends to shout in your ear, much bleeding of the ear drums ensues, at least you can ignore texts a bit easier

Well I have a six year old daughter so it's quite easy for me to ignore the shouting in the ear bit - well used to that!!

Didn't meet Adam - had to bail out to meet the bastard ex!

The more filth the better I say!

How did you get on in Cubins. I can't go there as I was barred a couple of months ago for critising it to the bouncers or some such reason.

• Advertisement

Deer wrote:
    The texts weren't in the slightest offensive. You'll have to try much, much, much harder next time. They were actually quite funny. I wish I hadn't deleted my entire inbox on the phone if a fit of pique over something else.

YAAAAAAAAAAY. No, seriously, YAAAAAAAAAAAY. I managed *not* to offend someone while out of my skull. (It's getting to be a rarity).

Though I will confess to minor paranoia on saturday morning when I realised I'd deleted my sent items and therefore wasn't sure what I'd sent you towards the end of the night....

That said, nothing quite beats Tree's drunk texting. So far my non-existent goldfish has been threatened with a lobotomy and I've been told that come the revolution I'll be shot, sharpish. I worry.

So I'm easier to deal with if people have experience with children, eh? I'm not sure if I should be insulted or impressed at that statement...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

So Friday the 1st then? That'll give my liver more time to recover before I punish it again.

I'd roll w/ insulted given my experience w/ other ppls children :D

at least your goldfish was only threatend w/ lobotomy...

cubins was better than was to be expected, had some ginger minger off his game and from limerick trying to hit on me for much of the end of the evening, run awaaaaaaaaaaaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Fysh wrote:
    That said, nothing quite beats Tree's drunk texting. So far my non-existent goldfish has been threatened with a lobotomy and I've been told that come the revolution I'll be shot, sharpish. I worry.

Tbh, she wasn't even all that drunk...and other poor innocents' goldfish were threatened that night as well. Ye got off easy though, my nostrils will never be the same again :(

Tbh, she wasn't even all that drunk...and other poor innocents' goldfish were threatened that night as well. Ye got off easy though, my nostrils will never be the same again :(

Now there's a story begging to be told...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Let's just say she can be somewhat persistant and has very sharp finger nails!

and let's not forget the pretty underwear :)

Advertisement