Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 17-08-2006 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Now this may seem like a daft question but I was reading the paper last night(4am) and I saw that under 'science group' they had geog, tech drawing & construction all subjects I do but I never taught of them as science subjects.

But when colleges require a science subject wud they count or is it only Physics, Biology & Chemistry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Nope, geog is perfectly acceptable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

is the requirement not a lab science?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

eamoss wrote:
    Now this may seem like a daft question but I was reading the paper last night(4am) and I saw that under 'science group' they had geog, tech drawing & construction all subjects I do but I never taught of them as science subjects.

But when colleges require a science subject wud they count or is it only Physics, Biology & Chemistry?

Some count agricultural science. Some used to count a strand of home ec which I think isn't taught anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Physics, Chemistry, BIology, Agricultural Science, Physics/Chemistry. THose are the ones they accept, afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Earth,Calling

I think Trinity accept geography as a science subject, but not the NUI. If they specify lab science, geography isn't included. You might want to confirm that, it was always my understanding anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement