Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing issue

Options
  • 17-08-2006 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey everyone, im new to boards but though id ask to see what the feedback is like. A little a year ago i had the rim of my ear pierced in a well reviewed piercing studio in Dublin. The piercing healed fine and had been so for a month or so when i decided to take out the original ring and change to a wider diameter ring, not that nuch thicker. I changed the rings myself. All was fine until a few weeks later i started to have a small fleshy lump on the back of my ear?! I took out the piercing and since then it has not gone away? It dosnt bother me realy but im interested to know what you all think it could be a result from? Mabey the larger ring? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Maybe its made of poor quality material??
    A wider dieameter ring? did you stretch it? Did you just leave it or keep cleaning it?
    Sounds to me like you stretched the ear piercing.
    Problems can occur if you are stretching it because i presume i goes through cartillage,which would cause problems if you dont look after it.
    If you didnt stretch it could be what i said in the beginning possible poor quality jewellery. Who knows.

It could be scar tissue, firstly id go talk to a piercer about it. Its hard to give an opinion if we dont have a pic. Secondly maybe just rub some vitamin e cream onto it and see how that goes.
    Post up a pic if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

aye sounds like a little bit of a keloid from streching the cart, presumably from 1.2 to 1.6. Rubbing vitamin E oil, available in the chemist, will help but be aware that they can take a long time to go away!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

More likely hypertrophic scarring, given the circumstances, and replacing it with finer jewellery, salt soaks and vitamin E cream, should be gone in a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Enzo_V12

Thanks, thats all very helpful. No Wilburt i didnt strech it:rolleyes: ... a new (larger) piece of jewellery was bought from the same piercing studio that the piercing had originally been done in, the quality of the material was good. I also made sure that the piercing was kept clean, it even healed up fine.

I think that Brian is on the right track, thats what i originally thought had happened as when the new jewellery was put in, it did feel slightly tight, possibly stretched the cartillage. Anyway, cheers for the help everyone, well appriciated, ill try the Vitamin E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MW

I had the same piercing must be about 6-7yrs ago since I took it out and I still have a little lump on the back of my ear. I didn't think anything of it, I was young and naive haha. I wouldn't worry about it, it was big enough at first but it's not that noticeable now unless I rub the back of my ear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement