Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mum in Yaris moment

Options
  • 17-08-2006 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This afternoon I ws on the Limerick South ring heading east when I spoted a HGV making an un-natural manoveour on the opposite lanes, as I got closer I spotted a silver Yaris almost stopped on the hatched area where the slip road
    rises left to meet the N24.

Yep you guessed it the silly moo missed the turn (God knows how!) and hit the anchors, she continued fowards for a few metres before deciding to (you know whats coming) reverse back towards the exit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I went past the action so don't know if she succeeded or died roaring.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Silly moo indeed... She could have just carried on to where the slip road down onto the road you were on is and driven up that.

I've seen this at the Cherrywood exit of the M50 where a car missed the exit and then turned up the slip road onto the M50 against the flow of traffic joining the motorway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Beat this one:

A while back, driving back from Cork to Dublin a lady in a Polo missed the exit off the roundabout for the motorway by about 75M. She stopped, yes, STOPPED and started to reverse backwards around the roundabout on the inside lane.

Now AFAIR, there was somthing in the middle of the roundabout (construction or whatever), so cars approaching in the inside lane would not have seen her until the last second as they could not see across the roundabout. I didnt hear a screech or a bang, just beeping so I guess she was lucky.

All she had to do was go around :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

There used to be a roundabout in Ballyfermot, I dunno if it's still there but it used to have a high hedge ringing it. and twice whilst hugging the inside lane fairly fast I met oncoming traffic. he:eek: it's the only place it ever happened me, anticlockwise traffic twice. It was pretty close both times as the hedge obscured your view untill the car was almost upon you.

Advertisement