Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free dialup access?

Options
  • 17-08-2006 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

Mods feel free to move if this is not in the right place

I remember eircom did a free dialup access service

As far as I can remember, the login/pwd was eircom/eircom, but I forget the number

Can anyone help me out with details here? Any free dialup service will do, thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

JohnCleary wrote:

As far as I can remember, the login/pwd was eircom/eircom, but I forget the number

Can anyone help me out with details here? Any free dialup service will do, thanks!

Go to http://support.eircom.net
    Click on "pay-as-you-go support"
    Click on the Connection tab, and Dial Up Numbers is listed under Useful Information.

Go to www.btireland.ie
    Click on Support
    Click on Dial-up and the list of questions displayed includes the Net Free number (1890 924 042) and the Username & Password (free/free).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Nice one everyone, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Does anybody know of any free "01-XXXXXXX" dialup numbers? Id like to connect and send emails on my palmtop through my phone and have it counted as being taken from my minutes for the month.

Hope that makes sense lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

JohnCleary wrote:
    Nice one everyone, thanks for that.

just so you know they are not "free" they are low call..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

but they are free access, there was a time in ireland where you had to pay a monthly fee to have the priviledge to be able to get access this lo-call numbers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what's the story on Tele2 and free calls if they are less than an hour and local dial up numers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Tele2 went out of business and were bought by TalkTalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

JohnCleary wrote:

that number sponeg bob gave isn't free. its pay as u use (ie 5c during the day, 1.26c evenings)

Advertisement