Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limerick tv ad ideas?

Options
  • 17-08-2006 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

we've all recently been discussing how limerick could improve its image and sell itself to tourists both in ireland and from overseas. there are rep's at a travel show in the states at the moment i believe but i reckon an ad along the lines of the visitscotland ad could do the trick.
    for those of you not aware of it, the visitscotland ads (there are two) involve one that advertises the natural beauty of scotland,the culture etc (backed by some very good use of emotive music) and another ad with the same music(with a slightly different beat) but its emphasis is on the adventure sports,outdoor activities,shopping etc.
    they are really good ads because with the use of music they invoke what you imagine to be the "perfect scotland", even if they are really freaking cheesey!!

what im trying to get to, is that i think the limerick region could well benefit from an ad along similar lines..one that shows the natural beauty of the region with some slower instrumental music and another one showing shopping, nightlife and outdoor activities with music of a different tempo. this could be a great opportunity to showcase a local composer.
    people(especially north american id have to say) react well to ads that show a picture perfect ireland..they come to see the wee pubs, the thatch cottages and all that.

what do you guys think? this is just me throwing ideas out there cause im having a boring evening!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I've said this before that Limerick should (and does) market itself as the capital of the Shannon Region, for example, if you were interested in going scuba diving/deep sea fishing from Clare, you would use Limerick as one of your bases, we should encourage Clare tourist companies to advertise in Limerick and have Limerick advertised in Clare. Similarly, if you were in Limerick for a rugby game (for example), you should be told of activites you can do elsewhere in the Shannon region.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

I've said this before that Limerick should (and does) market itself as the capital of the Shannon Region, for example, if you were interested in going scuba diving/deep sea fishing from Clare, you would use Limerick as one of your bases, we should encourage Clare tourist companies to advertise in Limerick and have Limerick advertised in Clare. Similarly, if you were in Limerick for a rugby game (for example), you should be told of activites you can do elsewhere in the Shannon region.

for sure..but i think initially a more broad spectrum ad should be done with a montage of various activities to cover all bases so to speak. then if they find that people start coming for specific reasons, target that audience..rugby is a given and should definately have more emphasis on it, as it will only advertise itself so much. an example would be people that dont belong to munster rugby club being able to buy tickets and giving people the opportunity to come over for a whole weekend by doing packages specifically focused on this area with a rugby game as a bonus.

Advertisement