Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation Level Maths

Options
  • 17-08-2006 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

Are people doing foundation level maths still allowed to use calculators?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Yes! It's ridiculous I know. they get find the sum of 30 49 and 21 and can use a calculator as far as I am aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

That's not really fair NADA. I'm sure if during a problem in whatever level you had to add up three biggish numbers, you'd use a calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I was thinking of doing, just so I would have maths passed on my LC. I failed pass. It looks, let's just say "quite doable."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

foundation maths is not accepted as maths for college

you need to pass at least pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I looked at the Foundation Mock paper(I was in the rehab maths class still got a B2 tho in ord level) and I have to say doesnt look easy. Well there was a few questions which were really easy 78 X 32 ect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

foundation maths is not accepted as maths for college

you need to pass at least pass

TCD accept it for matriculum if a D3 in pass maths isn't a specific requirement of your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

eamoss wrote:
    (I was in the rehab maths class still got a B2 tho in ord level)

:D i love the cold-hearted but honest opinion. I'd have those sort of comments on my site as people laugh at them (not in an offensive way, but shocked by the bluntness) only it would get me in a LOT of trouble :)

ordinary maths is hard enough if you're a dosser/bluffer. i mean, you should pass with common sense as some of the questions are ridiculous :rolleyes: but overall, it's tough to get an A imo. some of my higher level mates, dropped at the last minute and only ended up with B's.

almost 5,000 failing maths is a joke. that's 5,000 who basically can't get into college/uni unless they work their way up the ladder which most won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    That's not really fair NADA. I'm sure if during a problem in whatever level you had to add up three biggish numbers, you'd use a calculator.
    hell no. Anyone in higher level maths should be able to do that in their heads in a few seconds.

Advertisement