Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Bedtime Prayer

• 17-08-2006 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

The new season is looming large now. Obviously from my own point of view I'm very optimistic about the new season for Liverpool. But for the other posters here I have a few thoughts.

For the ManU fans - I hope your new midfield (Carrick & maybe Hargreaves) - gives you back your credibility. ManU certainly did well last year, but for a team who had successive players like Robson, Ince and Keane it was a little watery.

For the Arsenal fans - young squad - improving all the time - hopefully it will be a quick return to the form we were used to from previous years.

For the Chelsea fans - what I would really like to see from Chelsea - is overcoming some tough times - losing some really key players and still pushing through and winning - especially in the CL. A bit of humility from Mourinho would be nice too. Maybe Chelsea could be winners that people admired, instead of despised.

For the spurs fans - hope you get into the top 4 and the CL. The rise has been meteoric and it looks like you've finally found a manager worthy of the history of the club.

For the Aston Villa fans - well the money has arrived - too late for the transfers? Hopefully it should be a return to the right end of the table at least. A great club - undoubetdly the biggest club in the midlands - and certainly when I was growing up - I had a lot of fondness for it - cause it had half the Irish Squad. :)

For the Blackburn fans - sorry to nick Bellamy from you. Nice to see the team doing well, without the Abramovich-esque spending of the Walker/Dalglish era. Might be hard to improve on last year - nice to get UEFA Cup qualitfying though - maybe improvement in cup competitions.#

For the Sheffield Wednesday fans - (Big Nelly ;) ) - gwan - surprise promotion. Might cheer you up a bit.

And for all us Ireland fans. We want some important wins. Things don't look good now - but remember - Kerr won all or nearly all his friendlies - and look where that got us - they are meaningless. Good times may be just around the corner. We haven't been in the Euro championships since '88 - in 2008 it will be 20 years - nice round number - Kevin Sheedy etc :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    For the spurs fans - hope you get into the top 4 and the CL.
    As a Liverpool supporter why would you give up your 4th place spot to Spurs? ;)

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    We haven't been in the Euro championships since '88 - in 2008 it will be 20 years - nice round number - Kevin Sheedy etc :)
    Ahh you've gone and jinxed us now!!! England always try that mathematical tomfoolery everytime they qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

BaZmO* wrote:
    As a Liverpool supporter why would you give up your 4th place spot to Spurs? ;)

hopefully we won't need it next year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Football on the telly......

kdjac

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good post Reactor, well put together.

Advertisement