Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick dog

Options
  • 17-08-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Im bringing the dog into the vet in the morning but Im wondering if anyone has any idea what could be wrong with him? Im pretty worried at this point.
    He is completely listless for two days now and will not eat a thing. He’s a stray (we took him in 3 months ago) so Im not sure if he has his vaccinations or not. Could it be a simple stomach bug? He’s not vomited to my knowledge. The other two dogs (vaccinated) are completely fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Its hard to say tbh, 2 or 3 days is a long time for a dog to be sick, they usually recover very fast. Hope he's going to be O.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Does he drool, does he have a temperature? Is he drinking water? You have had him for three months, why wasnt he vacc'd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

havent had a chance tbh ,hectic summer, and we were trying to find an owner at first. turns out he ate rat poison, vets not sure weather he will pull through or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Poor Laddie,hope he'll be 0k

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I hope he pulls through, everything crossed for the chap!!

• Advertisement

afraid the vet had to put him down.:( his liver had failed
    and he was starting to bleed internally. the worst thing is im pretty sure the poisening wasnt an accident...god i love my neighours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Poor fella RIP :( , I've heard terrible stories relating to rat poison, the stuff should be banned tbh. I'd hate to think it was deliberate, how anyone could do such a thing is beyond me . I know who I'd be feeding the stuff if I found out that they did it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Very sad,sorry to hear about it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Hard luck on the poor fella... hope you get over it soon.

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement