Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Day.. Is anyone else relieved ?

Options
  • 18-08-2006 9:56am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm actually glad it's almost over tbh... The last couple of months of it have been somewhat draining to watch and keep up with, and most of it has been boring as hell but still I felt obliged to see it out to the end.. There have been some good parts but I don't think I'll bother with it next year tbh... Anyone else feel like this or is it just me??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

It's just you! I loved it! Thought it was brill this year. Can't wait to watch the interviews tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh my word!

Check out Paddy Power... Ashleeeen is noe 3-1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

sudzs wrote:
    Oh my word!

Check out Paddy Power... Ashleeeen is noe 3-1!
    CHAVTASTIC!

At least pete wont win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I’ll miss it in a general sense. Its frustrating and I think it falls short of its true potential. But its still unique in its format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

When Grace left i thought it went into a bit of a slump, but a lot of really interesting people left around that time. Granted, a lot of them were annoying but there were good stories going on with them: Imogen/Sleazer/Mikey/Grace romancing each other, Glynn lusting after Lea, Nikki lusting after Pete, Lea lusting after Pete, Pete doing the cat out of Pepe Le Pew over both of them. The destruction of Sam. But, really, the arse fell out of it and BB knew it: new housemates by the busfull, bringing Nikki back. If they had got the mixture right at the start and not top loaded it with nutters the momentum would have carried itself and they wouldnt have had to stoop to such contrivances to keep our interest in it.

To balance out that I would say that to a certin extent Endemol were in a corner this year. ITV lost out in bidding for BB this year and they responded in kind: Celeb Soccer, Celeb X-Factor, Soapstar Superstar, Love Island. BBC had only fools on horses and something about maria. Endemol had to do something to counter all of that, and the World Cup, I guess they decided very early on to get in the nutters, a small house, loads of booze in the first two weeks and hope no-one gets killed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Why would anyone want aisleyne to win? What has she ever done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I'm with you OP... I got totally bored with it about 5 or 6 weeks ago. It's gone on waaaay too long this year with the constant injection of new housemates which just served to drag it out.

For me, the reintroduction of Nikki (although it could have been any of the four) was just a total pi$$ take.

I won't bother with it next year either.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm with you OP... I got totally bored with it about 5 or 6 weeks ago. It's gone on waaaay too long this year with the constant injection of new housemates which just served to drag it out.

For me, the reintroduction of Nikki (although it could have been any of the four) was just a total pi$$ take.

I won't bother with it next year either.

Yeah you can see that she's just trying to please the public now with her outbursts.. even in the diary room giving out about the air con last night you could see her trying not to grin... It's a joke, I know its supposed to be panto but that's just way too literal for my liking.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

So glad its finishing. Even happier that I'll be out on the piss tonight and wont be watching.

If aisleyne wins then it'll simply confirm for me my opinion that it should really end altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Really hoping ashleyne doesnt win, any of the others are better, by far. Looking foreward to trhe show either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

for the last two weeks i haven't had tv (my sitting room is being done up) i can honestly say it was a pleasure not seeing big brother for that two weeks.

in fact i've stopped watching tv alltogether now except for when the footie comes on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm delighted that its finishing.
    It started off so well and then fizzled out.
    I think its been the worst one yet, why do most of the girls have to be models/pr girls? Why don't they just use 'normal' people, who would probably be a lot more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'll watch it tonight..but I'm not too bothered it's over

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I am relieved its over but will miss it for a few days anyway.

I think it went on too long this year, by week 11 or 12 the housemates were physically and emotionally drained and just didn't really have the energy to go on much longer.

I'm also happy with Aisleyne's third position given the amount of people that hated her only two weeks ago. she gave a great interview and was delighted with her achievement.

As for what she has done, she has been at the sharp end of more twists than anyone in Big Brother history.

Pete's win, like anthony's last year was predictable which kinda takes away from it in my opinion.

Advertisement