Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website - Online Payment options

Options
  • 18-08-2006 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all

Ive built a small website to run a monthly competition. I'm trying to find a clean, neat way to take payment online.

I've considered using PayPal but its a bit of hastle, people would need to create an account etc.

Ive considered trying it myself - the site is built using MySQL, PHP and VB COM objects at the backend. Not really a runner though because of all the security issues etc.

Can anyone advise of a third party tool / supplier that may be able to do this for me? It would be small monthly amounts going into a personal account - i.e. this isn't a registered business as yet.

Any feedback very welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

TBH, Paypal's subscription service sounds like its just what you need. Many people have Paypal accounts these days. I would also look into Google Checkout.

Failing that you're talking about getting an account with someone like WorldPay who will process credit card transactions for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Hi,

Have a look at www.worldnettps.com...

Si

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I have used Realex in the past, but both Realex and WorldPay take a chunk of your transactions. Paypal and Google may be better options for you.

Most of these services are very easy to setup

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

paypal take between 1.9 and 2.9% and a 30cent per txn charge

google charge 2% and 0.20 cent per trans

and I'm sure google don't do it for free either... I've used worldnet and it was 25 cent per trans...

But obviously the bank is going to charge you too...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Paypal's rates aren't the worst, but some people just don't like the idea of using them.

2Checkout.com could be an option

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I thought you didnt have to create a Paypal acc in many cases to pay using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Jakkass wrote:
    I thought you didnt have to create a Paypal acc in many cases to pay using it.

If you have a business account with Paypal, then your customers do not have to register in order to pay. However, I don't know how obvious paypal make this to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Merchants with a U.S. address and bank account can process transactions through Google Checkout. Buyers with a U.S. billing and mailing address can make purchases through Google Checkout.

We understand many buyers and sellers outside the United States are interested in Google Checkout. We're working toward making this service more widely available in the near future. At this time, however, we cannot provide any details regarding when Google Checkout will be available in specific countries.

https://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?answer=30726

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 viccirc

Hi,

As eoin_s mentioned Paypal allow business users the option of allowing the customer having a Paypal account being optional.

Best upgrade to a business user, verify your credit card and then check the setting for Paypal Account Optional

This makes sure the customer is allowed to enter their credit card details if they DONT already have a Paypal account.

- On the "Website Payment Preferences" page under "Profile".
    - Scroll down to the "Paypal Account Optional" section of the page.
    - Make sure this is turned "On".

When the user gets redirected to Paypal they have the option to proceed with their credit card details.

This however, has shown differently a few times I've tried it. Maybe they were changing the looks and hadnt decided on - but the ability is there none the less.

Advertisement