Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM at its best

Options
  • 18-08-2006 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Well I stayed up till 4.30am wth work next morning, but it was worth it.

Been away from Championship Manager for a few years but started playing 03-04 again in the last week or two in two player. So we both started in Division 1, me as Derby and him as Wigan(random selection process)... I start off strongly but struggle a bit in the middle of the Season, while he makes up the ground from a weak start to finally overtake me.

Then, on the last day of the Season, he's second, I'm third, one point behind, and he's playing the fourth place team who are a point behind me. The battle for that final promotion place couldn't be tighter! My team but on a fantastic showing with a 3-0 victory, doing our part and leaving me to wait for a nail biter to finish, a lot of chances but it eventually finishes 1-1 and I'm through to the premiership! I forgot how this game could have you celebrating like no other.

What's more, he went on the be promoted through the play-offs after that setback.

So I've a dilemma now. I'd picked up FM06 and played around with it in one player and am liking what I see. So the plan was to see how this season pans out then switch over. But how can we leave our teams now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I've been meaning to take it up again. I have CM 99/00 CD sitting beside me, must set it up and get FM 07 when its released (I believe later this year). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

If your going to load up 99/00 your still in time to get the absolute legend that was Kennedy Backercioglu!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

iregk wrote:
    If your going to load up 99/00 your still in time to get the absolute legend that was Kennedy Backercioglu!!!
    I second that, what a player!
    Look for Luca Antonini, young Italian defender too - absolute magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Back to Scunthorpe United for me then. :)

Advertisement