Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help needed for new suit

• 18-08-2006 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,
    just lookin for a bit of advice from others on boards.ie
    I need a new general purpose suit and I was just wondering what kind of suit I should go for i.e how many buttons, pinstripes or not, what colour etc.
    Also what do ye all think of waistcoats with a suit. yes or no.

All help appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

Waist coat... nah.

See here for some advice I gave yesterday.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054978133

Two button and mild pin stripe are my wanting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

No harm buying a three piece. You'll probably never wear the waistecoat, but it's an option. For general purpose, best get a single breasted suit. You have to leave a double breasted buttoned up all the time. Pin stripes are fine if you go for a traditional style. They're in fashin at the moment and there's some truly naff ones on the market. Navy with red pin stripes anyone? Yuk. As Dark Hair said, mild.
    With regards to buttons, two is elegant, giving a deeper lapel. Three is more everyday, but looks well. If you need it for work and such, you should look at the machine washable suits available from Marks and Spencers and Next. Very convieniant.

Advertisement