Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer and Grant help

Options
  • 18-08-2006 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

so what do we now..we just go onto the cao website monday-tuesday and accept one of our offers..is it?

and what about these local authority grants.. when do the forms have to be back in by? anyone know if finglas is in fingal county council or dublin city council??

thanks..:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

CAO is out 6am monday morning.

Finglas is Fingal tho I'm not sure. Write them or send them an email looking for the application form and you should find out that way. If your parents total income is less than €46,700 then you can get a grant. You could get up to €3,000!! Im trying to get the Docs together now. It can take a while to get it together, so get started. The form says the deadline is 31-Aug but Meath (my Co. Co.) have extended it to December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

nice one thanks for that..a little while after i posted this topic me ma rang up finglas county council and was told that we were actually in dublin county council..so any way they said the form is going to get put in the post today and should be here early next week...

ive got my birth cert,p60's and p21's of both parents..will photocopys of them do cause i dont have the originals..? is that all ill need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I just rang up there and I was told I need forms to verify my parents jobs and a birth cert.

iggyman, make sure it's a full lenght birth certificate.

What would you get if your parents earned more than €46,700 a year :confused:

Information on here

46,700 euro is the highest limit if you are in a family with 1 - 3 dependent children. If there's more, it goes up to 51,325 euro for 4 - 7 dep. children and then 55,715 euro for 8 +. Also...
    In the 2006/2007 academic year, where two or more children (or the candidate's parent) are pursuing the courses listed below, the reckonable income limits may be increased by 4,525 euro where there are two such children, 9,050 euro where there are three such children and so on, by increments of 4,525 euro.
    iggyman wrote:
    ive got my birth cert,p60's and p21's of both parents..will photocopys of them do cause i dont have the originals..? is that all ill need?

I have some details of what is required here but you should check the application form (sample one available here [PDF]). On page 15 it has some information on what is required. Before you hand in the form, ring up your Council and ask if that's what's needed, because if you forgot something or handed in a copy when an originaly was needed, your grant may be delayed. As far as I know, all documents must be originals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

im the 4th child in my family, so my mother can do it all in her sleep by now i think.. there is a good few things that need to be collected though, so do get started

and im sure that €3000 will come in very handy :D

and theyve increased it s bit this year havent they?

• Advertisement

Rockerette wrote:
    im the 4th child in my family, so my mother can do it all in her sleep by now i think.. there is a good few things that need to be collected though, so do get started

and im sure that €3000 will come in very handy :D

and theyve increased it s bit this year havent they?

Yep, highest is up to €3,110 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Myth wrote:
    Yep, highest is up to €3,110 now.

excellent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

It has to be the hardes form to fill out.
    You need to gather so many documents.
    It took us well over an hour to do.

i only have my original birth cert doh..i dont have the original p21's and p60's because i had to give them in to a college i was applying for to get into the access programme.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Ya its like 17 pages long, my mam gets half her income from self-employment and the other from a PAYE job so thats double the documentation.
    You need originals for the docs. (birth certs are €10 from www.groireland.ie)They usually increase the income limits and grants a bit every year to keep up with inflation and the like. and you get the registration charge paid on top of that-€800 this year i think

• Advertisement

so would i have to ring up the college i gave them to and ask for them back..would they still have them i applied for the access earlier this year and thats when i gave the original p21's to them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

iggyman wrote:
    so would i have to ring up the college i gave them to and ask for them back..would they still have them i applied for the access earlier this year and thats when i gave the original p21's to them..

You might be able to order another one here:

https://www.reachservices.ie/

thanx ill check it out but i think i might be able to get it back off the college hopefully.. ill check it out on monday with me career guidance teacher

Advertisement