Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max and Iggor together again

• 18-08-2006 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭

Iggor Cavalera made a guest appearence at the recent D-low memorial gig,he played "Attitude" and "Roots Bloody Roots",its on Blabbermout.net,i knew it would eventually happen but not this soon,wonder what will happen next?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

I reckon there's a Sepultura reunion in the works. The biggest problem was between Igor and Max, and now that that's out of the way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G9QpBqe9qHM
    word in the rumor mill is that this will happen in 2007,if it does...ill be sooooo happy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Yes I have to admit that I didnt expect to see this reunion so soon, but have to wonder is that possibly the reason he left the current Sepultura at the moment, and the reason he wont be coming back anytime soon.

Derrek Green is an excellent vocalist but it could be his reluctance to stop touring as Sepultura and let Max back in the fold be whats preventing them from doing this, and besides, I taught the worst problems were between Max and Andreas. The two brothers might decide to go the way of Pantera and do a Damageplan type event.

Of course they could always contact Jairo Guedes and get him to join with them, that would make them the Sepultura from Morbid Visions era minus Paulo Jr.

I always taught Sepultura where a breakthrough band, and touring in support of In Flames this year was a discrace to the name of the band, especially with Igor and Andreas there. Apparently Igor taught so himself, otherwise he wouldnt have left.

Besides their current tour doesnt stop till late Dec so it'd have to be next year

yeah i love derrick as well but the classic line up will always have it for me,they might an anthrax and get back together for good,ya just never know with these things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

As a hardcore sepultura fan i don't want to see the classic line up returning. Look at what happened Anthrax? I don't the classic lineup benefitted them one bit. They've released 2 cds, albeit a live and another best of and they have sold **** all. Its not all about selling cds and granted i've never seen the band with Max but his voice ain't what it used to be, those songs came from a different time. The magic of that lineup was years ago. I don't think it should happen but i think it will.
    And when they played with InFlames Iggor was not there, it was Roy Mayorga filling in quite successfully on the drums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

dimerocks wrote:
    And when they played with InFlames Iggor was not there, it was Roy Mayorga filling in quite successfully on the drums.

Apolgises, didnt realise, ive just clarified that he temp left in Jan to concentrate on being a father. But between then and June something happened because he stated artistic incompatibility as the reason for his official leave.

the band wanted to finish the touring cycle for the album and iggor didn't want to tour. Thats the short version. Himself and Andreas may have had some issues with each other.

dimerocks wrote:
    As a hardcore sepultura fan i don't want to see the classic line up returning. Look at what happened Anthrax? I don't the classic lineup benefitted them one bit. They've released 2 cds, albeit a live and another best of and they have sold **** all. Its not all about selling cds and granted i've never seen the band with Max but his voice ain't what it used to be, those songs came from a different time. The magic of that lineup was years ago. I don't think it should happen but i think it will.

The magic may be gone but it can be brought back to life,back then there was more to the situation than just just music,there was death and other things which can all attribute to difficult decision making,with that in the past then there is nothing to stop them getting it going again,its a dream of mine to see that line play at some stage and i hope it happens in my country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Meh as much as ill be slated for this it needs to be said, i hope instead of sepultura reforming igor joins soulfly, sure they used to suck but there last 2 albums were unreal, mark rizzo kicks the hole off kisser in both terms or writing and playing. Now if elfson got into soulfly full time and it had the line up of elfson, igor, max, and rizzo then thatd be something id love to ****ing see.

no way in hell does rizzo kick the hole of kisser! Granted he is better technically but he is sooooo wanky it's not even funny. He's a great player but not a great song writer at all. My main beef with soulfly are those awful lyrics!

• Advertisement

ahh i would disagree there but then again there VERY different players. I like kissers style of playing but rizzo would always have my vote. And yes i concur soulfly have had some bad lyrics, scary bad.

what was he thinking when he wrote frontlines!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sepultura: There's a big part of me that'd love to see the original line-up live, just because I've never seen them. I'd probably go to the gig if it happened, but I know it would be nothing like the madness of (for example) the gigs they played in Brixton before Max left (Under a Pale Grey Sky double cd if you've not heard). A friend of mine from London was at the first of those 2 and he said it was devastation on an epic scale! :D

Soulfly: I used to love them but as I grew into metal, I realised they were in fact cock! Last cd I bought of theirs was 3 and it was shocking. At this stage I was mixed between cringing and laughing at the previous 2. If things have changed, grand. Saw them playing a gig a couple of years ago in France and they must've played 4 or 5 Sepultura songs. Max's voice has had it's day, this much was clear listening to the first couple of albums. It wasn't bad when I saw them, but I think it's safe to say they'll probably start winding down full tours. That said, Tom Araya's voice is gone to hell (not that it was spectacular to begin with) and Slayer're still going strong.

In relation to Kisser and Rizzo there is comparison,andreas has written(or contributed) some of the greatest metal riffs of all time,he has better stage presence and i think is much more pleasing to watch,his solo stuff is class and worlds ahead of Rizzo,i think Rizzo is given more freedom in soulfly than he was in ill nino and therefore goes crazy with harmonics and jumping like a clown,he absolutly butchers the roots solo and he just doesnt have the harmony Kisser has.

I couldnt see Iggor joining soulfly but maybe a new band with max,maybe nailbomb 2 or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 e.doobie

Kharn wrote:
    Sepultura: There's a big part of me that'd love to see the original line-up live, just because I've never seen them. I'd probably go to the gig if it happened, but I know it would be nothing like the madness of (for example) the gigs they played in Brixton before Max left (Under a Pale Grey Sky double cd if you've not heard). A friend of mine from London was at the first of those 2 and he said it was devastation on an epic scale! :D

Soulfly: I used to love them but as I grew into metal, I realised they were in fact cock! Last cd I bought of theirs was 3 and it was shocking. At this stage I was mixed between cringing and laughing at the previous 2. If things have changed, grand. Saw them playing a gig a couple of years ago in France and they must've played 4 or 5 Sepultura songs. Max's voice has had it's day, this much was clear listening to the first couple of albums. It wasn't bad when I saw them, but I think it's safe to say they'll probably start winding down full tours. That said, Tom Araya's voice is gone to hell (not that it was spectacular to begin with) and Slayer're still going strong.

i must say, i saw soulfly a few months back and i was blown away.im a big fan and although id agree on the lyrics being , ify, the music was spot on.. playing was amazing ..and max had his son come on stage and do a song with em and they just put on, overall, an excellent metal show.

as for sepultura, im 18 and when i started getting into the band it was derrick as front man.. and i really like him.. iv never seen footage of the original line up only what iv heard on cd...but when i seen sep last year...i was ****ing blown away...i wasnt expecting half as good a show as i got.

and as for the reunion, i highly doubt(based on what iv read) that it'll be any more than a once off... apparently a hell of a show...
    and saw tom araya and co last weekend.. and i must say..they were on top form and the gig itself was ace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I reckon there's a Sepultura reunion in the works.
    A band has to break up before there can be a reunion ;)

I won't go into a big rant, but I'd be totally opposed to the old line up getting back together. I can't really listen to Anthrax anymore thinking about how they treated John Bush. That'd be mulitiplied by ten if Seps booted Derrick.

dimerocks wrote:
    what was he thinking when he wrote frontlines!!
    yea tell me about it

"Jump the **** up now
    back the **** up now
    jump the **** up now
    back to the frontlines"

Class song though i just drown out what max is actually saying

Advertisement