Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unconventional Debs dress

• 18-08-2006 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm going to a debs with an old friend on 10th October and I'm looking for a dress. I'm looking for something that isn't your typical debs dress- something perhaps a little bit shorter in length (knee or calf length) with something striking about it.

It's vital that NOBODY ELSE HAS THIS DRESS. I love to stand out and I don't want to look like anyone else.

Can any of you suggest any dresses you've seen or shops off the beaten track I might find something in? My budget is about €250.

Thank you!
    Robyn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭b0bbie

try the shop julienne in st stephens green....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Too many people know about Julien and buy their dresses there. Also a bit over my budget. Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

try family fashions in dunshaughlin if you are looking for a one off..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Hi,

I might be able to help you.
    I think I might have something that fits the description you gave.
    I have sent you a pm with more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

You won't get better than the internet for an unconventional one. Mine is on the 5th september, I googled chinese dresses, found www.orienttouch.com, and ordered this dress...it took 10 days to arrive..from China no less! It did have to be taken in though. Anyway, it was 26 euro including shipping, VAT and duty tax...and it's high quality silk as well...

BUT check out all the charges before you order, my friend got a gorgeous dress on this site, www.sungboutiquela.com , it was 150 euro, but she got screwed over completely..shipping 77 euro, duty tax 70 euro and VAT another 30!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Nice freakin' dress!

Looks like a definite show stopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Those silk, Chinese style dresses are class. I keep trying to get my fiance to buy one. They're sexy, sexy, sexy ( 3 times for emphasis, not a stammer :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Get one made? buy the fabric yourself to keep down costs! at least that way you will have something you really like, it will fit properly, you wont have to trudge round the shops for somethin 'no-one else will have' and you can say you designed it yourself!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

best shop in dublin for unique stuff is Jenny Vanders just outside the back entrance of georges street arcade. one off vintage dresses...its all old....from the 20's to the seventees id say. I got mine there about four years ago and i'ts my favourite place!

its the only shop you'll need to go to!

• Advertisement

Ebay all the way!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

Try charity shops. I got a debs dress for a friend's debs, haircut, shawl and shoes for...€33. Dah dah keel over with jealousy!!

Obviously I didn't get the cut in the shop.

Yeah try vintage shops. Or shops outside Dublin, I find Dublin rubbish for clothes shopping.

Advertisement