Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook & word crashing

• 18-08-2006 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hiya,

Since this morning I cannot use my Outlook 2003 or word 2003 correctly. If I try to reply to a mail or open a word document i get an error saying it has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of office which didnt fix the problem.

This is the message thats in the event viewer

Faulting application winword.exe, version 11.0.6568.0, stamp 42e178a5, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.0.2195.7006, stamp 41e648e0, debug? 0, fault address 0x0004b21d.

I would put it down to a patch or something that I installed yesterday but 5 other users are having the same problem and as their network admin i know that they havent downloaded anything overnight.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Have you made any changes recently? Is your word the vanilla install or do you have extra plugins installed?

Try removing Word as the email editor in Outlook. (Tools -> Options -> Mail Format -> Untick two boxes) and see if that solves the problem for either or both of the apps.

Check that there are no other winword processes running in the background. When running word as your mail editor, it can sometimes fail to close down properly in the background and cause all new word instances to continually crash until you kill the ghost process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lynnfurlonger

About a week ago I updated office from officeupdate on my PC. But I have not done this on the other PCs. This is the only change I have made.

When I remove word as the email editor Outlook is fine, as long as I dont open a Word attachment, so it seems to be a problem with Word only.

There are no other winword applications running. But strangely enough when I try to copy into Notepad and print it crashes aswell. Do Notepad and Word use common files?

Print, eh?

Does word open in Print view by default? Try removing any network printers from your PC and opening Word again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lynnfurlonger

Sure youre a star. Its some problem with the printer, Ill download new drivers and re-install. Thanks

I wish the users in work were as grateful as you :'(

• Advertisement
Advertisement