Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming self employed

Options
  • 18-08-2006 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I would like to become self-employed. Apart from filling out the relevant form, is the process bureacratic? For example, how long does it take, what kind of docs do you have to provide?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

www.revenue.ie

I presume u have weighed up the pros and cons, particularly on SW issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

esperanza wrote:
    I would like to become self-employed...how long does it take...
    How fast can you get income for your self employment? The paperwork isnt much to begin with, if using a trading name other than your own you have to register is with www.cro.ie (€30ish) and then notify Revenue that you wish to register for Self Assessment Income Tax (pain in the t*** every october).

You can also elect to register for a VAT number depending on circumstances. Either way its just filling out forms, but a bit pointless unless you've a lot of work booked/due.

Advertisement