Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband and moving home

• 18-08-2006 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be moving soon, eircom are the phone provider (yes, yes, I know, but the bill's in the missus' name and it took me 3 years to convince her to switch her mobile to Meteor :rolleyes:) and broadband is with Digiweb DSL.

No problems with them and I find the BB service excellent.

Was using newaddress.ie to help with the move, when entering details for eircom it reminds you to check with your calls / BB provider if it is not eircom. So I rang Digiweb just now, but they can't move my account to the new address / line. I have to write in and cancel, post back the router, then apply at my new address. God knows how long I'll be without BB during all this - weeks probably :( The new line does at least pass eircom's BB test, thankfully.

The new address is on the same exchange and is less than a mile away from where I'm living now, but I might as well be emigrating as far as my BB is concerned. Also I'll be paying for a month's broadband and getting only a week's worth (due to the minimum notice for cancelling - but we've only had the moving date confirmed now, and I didn't realise I needed to cancel, anyway.)

I find this state of affairs ridiculous tbh, I suspect a combination of eircom and Comwreck and lack of LLU are responsible for this ridiculous mess, but more to the point, is there really nothing I can do about it?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you may transferyour number over then but the valid line test is for the OLD number at the NEW address, to find out what that is plug in a phone over there and dial 199000, digiweb can start an order moving on the old number test for the same number you now have which will move over there.

transfer the number today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Thanks SB. Not bothered about transferring existing number over. Will avoid if there's any chance of it complicating things.
    I already know the existing phone no. at the new (new to us!) house, and it passes the line test.
    What's annoying me is that due to having to cancel I'm losing BB I've paid for, have to pay to send router etc. back, will be without service while they send me out a new one (who knows, maybe the same one?!? :rolleyes:) Seems to me that I'm being penalised by Eircom and their archaic procedures because I've chosen a non-Eircom DSL provider.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement