Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Imageready

Options
  • 18-08-2006 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I often import video files into Adobe Imageready so i can make animated gifs from the videos, my only problem is that some video files won't work. All .wmv files won't import and some .avi files won't import either.
    Does anyone know if there are plugins that can help me with this problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to digital Arts/Design

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

irlrobins wrote:
    Moving to digital Arts/Design

:rolleyes: this thread will never be seen in here, its about a computer program and i need a plugin for it, it should be in the computer section

could you move it back please?

I believe it belongs here or in the Audio-Video Editing forum tbh.

irlrobins wrote:
    I believe it belongs here or in the Audio-Video Editing forum tbh.

it has nothing to do with art/design/audio/video editing

all i want is a plugin for software, it doesn't matter what the software is, please move this back to computers

• Advertisement

Yea but you are more likely to find people who have experience using this software in these forums. Hence the move.

And I can't move back I'm afraid. Mod of this forum will have to do it, if they see fit.

irlrobins wrote:
    Yea but you are more likely to find people who have experience using this software in these forums. Hence the move.

And I can't move back I'm afraid. Mod of this forum will have to do it, if they see fit.

thats great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

thread belongs here. comp/tech forums are for comp/tech issues, not issues with imageready...

anyway, could have something to do with the codec attached to the file. try importing it into windows movie maker and saving it in mpeg format, then importing to imageready again. or try using after effects, editing in/out what you want, then exporting it to imageready

thread belongs here. comp/tech forums are for comp/tech issues, not issues with imageready...

anyway, could have something to do with the codec attached to the file. try importing it into windows movie maker and saving it in mpeg format, then importing to imageready again. or try using after effects, editing in/out what you want, then exporting it to imageready

is that easy to use

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

movie maker is extremely easy to use. I think your problem is simply that imageready doesn't like the video codec being used with your files. Using WMM or aftereffects or premiere pro (adobe have 30 day free trials for download) to convert to an uncompressed *.avi or what ever is your best bet. I think both adobe apps can save directly to gif too cutting out imageready. WMM only does wmv tho... i think

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote:
    movie maker is extremely easy to use. I think your problem is simply that imageready doesn't like the video codec being used with your files. Using WMM or aftereffects or premiere pro (adobe have 30 day free trials for download) to convert to an uncompressed *.avi or what ever is your best bet. I think both adobe apps can save directly to gif too cutting out imageready. WMM only does wmv tho... i think

ill look into it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ill look into it thanks

if you have xp you'll have movie maker. it's just a drag/drop type program. nothing complicated at all

ok so i messed around with movie maker, i can get my .wmv videos into it but how do i convert them to avi or mpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

go to file >save movie file > pick the option to save the file for a computer> continue on to "movie settings" expand out the options and pick the "other settings" radio switch. Pick DV-AVI to save to an avi file the other options are various versions of WMV files.

Also make sure you have movie maker 2. It came out with service pack 2. Its a nice upgrade to the original, and free.

Advertisement