Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unknown SMS from Vodafone

• 18-08-2006 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

I got two SMS from Vodafone today to say ''Your Sky Entertainment Package has been activated'' Has anyone had this??? I havnt subscribed to anything!!!

I called VF but the guy said he didnt know. I hope its nothing chargeable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

They have a free trial of their Sky Mobile package ongoing till September 1st. They must be trying to get you to sample it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Oh I know Ive been watching it, but do I have to unsubscribe to this before september 1st or Ill get charged???

I'm not a VF subscriber but I'd say it's a pay per view system. It's in your menu and if you watch it after Sept 1st you pay for it. I'm on 3 - they're quite good in specififying the price of any media you play or save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

You will have to unsubscribe or you will be charged. If you have used it you are subscribed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I don't think it automatically renews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Called them again and told them that if I am charged for anything from Sept 1st I will be claiming it back, I have asked him put notes into my account about my concerns and I got his name also so I have some comeback. The one thing I have learnt from my dealings with all companies is take down the date/time/name of anyone you speak to as you have no come back otherwise..

To receive this service you must purchase a weekly subscription which you can terminate by cancelling your subscription on Vodafone live! To do this, go to Favourites/My Vodafone/ My Subscriptions. The cancellation will take effect from the next weekly anniversary of the date you subscribed. Alternatively you can cancel your subscription by calling 1907 (if you are a bill pay customer) and 1850 208787 (if you are a pre-pay customer). If you terminate your subscription you will not be entitled to any subscription refund.

I presume you can probably cancel your 'free' subscription now if you want! While 3 don't have any live TV I think they have done a good job of showing what's free and what you have to pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Dellas wrote:
    I got two SMS from Vodafone today to say ''Your Sky Entertainment Package has been activated'' Has anyone had this??? I havnt subscribed to anything!!!

I called VF but the guy said he didnt know. I hope its nothing chargeable.
    I’m surprised VF is doing something like this. AFAIK it goes against consumer law to sign up someone for a service that they may ‘opt out’ of, even if you’re an existing customer - otherwise companies could quietly ‘upgrade’ people at will.

Perhaps it is not automatically renewable, as was suggested. Can anyone clarify this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

AFAIK when you click on Sky TV (and accept the t&cs) you are subscribing to that service. Dellas has already said that they have watched some TV - therefore they are signed up. I presume the SMS is saying that you're currently on a free subscription but from September it will be charged. So its not a case of Vodafone trying to sign you up for something, its a case of them telling you that they'll soon charge you for something you've already signed up for.
    I haven't tried Sky TV myself, but it should be listed under your subscriptions on live - the subscriptions link is under the third 'tab' page - it has a star on it on my phone. At the bottom of this page is a 'My Vodafone' section and listed underneath it is a 'My Subscriptions' link. You'll probably find some entry for mobile tv or sky tv in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

soiaf wrote:
    So its not a case of Vodafone trying to sign you up for something, its a case of them telling you that they'll soon charge you for something you've already signed up for.

hmmm... a text message saying "Your Sky Entertainment Package has been activated" doesn't really say they'll soon charge you for something you've already signed up for...

a text message like "You are subscribed to the Sky Entertainment Package which will be charged from Sept 1st" would though... and even more helpful to follow it up with info on how to unsubscribe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I still don't think it renews. I use it and you have to subscribe again every week even for the free weeks.

In Vodafone Live, go to Favourites, Customer Support, My Subscriptions and cancel anything there if you're worried.

Advertisement