Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New user focus group

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sid Deuce wrote:
    But in my noobs opinion the sooner boards goes like a George Michael concert the better.
    Awwww, but we just had the toilets in the boards.ie condo cleaned ....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

This idea seems to be about as popular as an Andrew Ridgeley concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That was as weak as a half-strangled Stephen Hawking.

...What?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Great idea and fantastic feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Personally, being a n00b, I wouldn´t have that much of a need for it. Common sense, along with actually reading more than you post so that you can learn how boards works is the best way to avoid being shouted down. Seems to have worked for me so far anyhow (/cue random insults).

It would probably help some people though, especially thosse who don´t really want to post on Feedback, because of the random bashing that goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

This post has been deleted.

Go away you moron. You have obviously yet to grasp the concept of discussion. Maybe because you are a Moron? Capital M for you little person! I would usualy call the likes of you a hub cap but it's meaning has been lost over time :(

It saddens moi.

Indeed Damien btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dig up you fool!

I have litte use of the Newbie FAQ you pathetic simpleton'esq Moron.

Maybe try not spouting rubbish might help you? We need a new forum! The Moron Self Help Forum!

Digging up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Dig up you fool!

hehe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Dig up you fool!

hehehehehehe :D:D

Anyway, as a n00b, I dont see much need for a new forum. Ive never been shouted at or anything, and I dont see people shouting at me for being new. There is already a Newbie forum, thats enough IMO. Having said that, is this forum going to be forum for n00bs to post anything (some sort of secret after hours like thing)? Or is it a newbie feedback?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Sid Deuce wrote:
    Go away you moron. You have obviously yet to grasp the concept of discussion. Maybe because you are a Moron? Capital M for you little person! I would usualy call the likes of you a hub cap but it's meaning has been lost over time :(

It saddens moi.

Indeed Damien btw.

Man, what kind of flame-skool do they have in P45 and SA??
    Back in my day insults were... well, insulting...
    iFight wrote:

Anyway, as a n00b, I dont see much need for a new forum. Ive never been shouted at or anything, and I dont see people shouting at me for being new. There is already a Newbie forum, thats enough IMO. Having said that, is this forum going to be forum for n00bs to post anything (some sort of secret after hours like thing)? Or is it a newbie feedback?

Secret n00b After Hours?
    Welcome to a world of being shouted at by those with more experience...

iFight wrote:

How does one comunicate with someone who is illiterate? Or in simple terms cannot read simple words on a screen.

It is Newbie feedback. Did you miss that part you Moron?

Welcome to town stupid. Population you and a few others :rolleyes:

flogen wrote:
    Man, what kind of flame-skool do they have in P45 and SA??
    Back in my day insults were... well, insulting...

They don't have any. Slightly more mature tbh.

In saying that we could leave you and Amp to it. Back in the day they were ...eh.. great.

Another Moron!

I think a cult is in order! We can rule de world!

Can you see hwere I am coming from yet you fuking Moron?

Sure start a web site or something to annoy boards.ie. Remember? Moron!!!

You fuking simpleton Prick.

I am exhausting my lexicon here btw. Go easy one me!!

Ah now, it's turned into a way of feeling good about yuorself by insulting others. That'll only detract from the idea and in fairness a lot of mods didn't disagree with this forum idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What's to stop older members just re-registering and then flaming/trolling/bullying or (whatever all you want to call it) the Noobies??? Or unless that's what "De Managent" want?? Increased activity or at least a perceived increased activity...............

Sid Deuce wrote:
    They don't have any. Slightly more mature tbh.

In saying that we could leave you and Amp to it. Back in the day they were ...eh.. great.

Another Moron!

I think a cult is in order! We can rule de world!

Can you see hwere I am coming from yet you fuking Moron?

Sure start a web site or something to annoy boards.ie. Remember? Moron!!!

You fuking simpleton Prick.

I am exhausting my lexicon here btw. Go easy one me!!

With that kind of imagination I think you'd be better served in the Creative Writing forum than a n00b forum to be honest.
    You really are proving that n00bs don't deserve anything but a shouting down

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

stfu_noobs_burrito.jpg

• Advertisement

damien.m wrote:
    Ah now, it's turned into a way of feeling good about yuorself by insulting others. That'll only detract from the idea and in fairness a lot of mods didn't disagree with this forum idea.

You are missing the point while geting it.

ecksor, could there be some kind of prioritising in some forums, say After Hours where only newish posters can create threads and reply to them, say for the first few hours, give the new people freedom to post what they want before getting drowned out by the big guns?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Sid Deuce, I see the point you're trying to make, but the fact remains that you are being excessively abusive in making that point. Please refrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

damien.m wrote:
    ecksor, could there be some kind of prioritising in some forums, say After Hours where only newish posters can create threads and reply to them, say for the first few hours, give the new people freedom to post what they want before getting drowned out by the big guns?
    Interesting idea.

You could also bring back the rep system and only allow new users to use it. This way long time users who are shouting down new users would end up with lots of negative rep and new users would know to avoid them.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Interesting idea.

You could also bring back the rep system and only allow new users to use it. This way long time users who are shouting down new users would end up with lots of negative rep and new users would know to avoid them.
    This doesn't really pass the "think about that for five seconds" rule monkeyfudge :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

flogen wrote:
    With that kind of imagination I think you'd be better served in the Creative Writing forum than a n00b forum to be honest.

Aw man, we all know it's a dumping ground for crap, but you shouldn't say it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm guessing that you had a high rep score???

Sarky wrote:
    Aw man, we all know it's a dumping ground for crap, but you shouldn't say it... :(

I didn't mean to break the unwritten rule; I apologise.

If it's any help I find it a great read when I'm in need of an ego-boost.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

ecksor wrote:
    I'm not about to stifle comment here (and rarely have) and the newbies can continue to post here and interact with the established regulars and admins as normal.

Cool.
    Perhaps if the newbies felt like they had a safer and more cuddly environment to express their views we wouldn't feel the need to take this step. I'm not looking to blame anybody in particular for this atmosphere.

Safer? Cuddlier? I don't get this at all. The average thread goes into a couple of catagories:

1. Something is broken and I haven't read the sticky at the top.

Responses usually include rolling of eyes and sarcastic pointing out the obvious. I see nothing wrong with making fun of people who are too lazy to click on a thread.

2. I was banned and have come here seeking justice!

Turns out the poster was banned for breaking charter rules and lied about it trying to win support and gain revenge on the tyranical moderator. These threads are worthless other than the drama between the op and the voices of reason pointing out the truth.

3. I have a suggestion for boards.

Ok, in this regard there are some regulars on this forum that behave like morons and make fun of people who genuinely want to help boards. There was that thread where all this guy wanted to do was donate money to help solve the search issue. There's is a simple solution to this. Ban those morons, put a charter in this forum. I.e Moderate it.

I'm sick of the moderators being attacked here. It's bad enough coming from an outraged moron who's only been here two weeks but from the Admins it makes me sick.

If users want to give feedback without the fear of being opressed by myself and the rest of the evil moderator cabal then they can post to the Helpdesk. They don't because Feedback is more popular. Ask yourself why Feedback is more popular.

Advertisement