Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New user focus group

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

Sid Deuce wrote:
    Thats a bit harsh :(

I am sure there are reasons for this decision. One can only imagine that discussions/feedback on this matter and others to do with the future of boardes.ie were discussed somewhere private with access for a specific few who had met a specific membership requirement before they could voice their opinion. A place safe from the masses.

He bottled it, like Macbeth in Macbeth he bottled the murder of these newbies and now his wife must wash his hands clean.

Ps Minesajackdaniels really has a hard on for ecksor over this. All that pent up aggression and rage, he's acting like a woman.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Carnivore wrote:
    Ps Minesajackdaniels really has a hard on for ecksor over this. All that pent up aggression and rage, he's acting like a woman.

LOL
    Ya majd, quit acting like a woman! :D

Beruthiel wrote:
    LOL

Hey, I've been on boards long enough to know that the baldy headed chap in this photo is MAJD, so don't try and pull and of that "really a woman" stuff I me, I aint no n00b

1172Image14.jpg

RE*AC*TOR, you tell them. Personally I'm sick and tired of the level of commericallism on boards. Just the other day I was ask to PAY
    onto a bus into town. Now I don't know how this is boards.ie fault, but I've decided to blame them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Carnivore wrote:
    RE*AC*TOR, you tell them. Personally I'm sick and tired of the level of commericallism on boards. Just the other day I was ask to PAY
    onto a bus into town. Now I don't know how this is boards.ie fault, but I've decided to blame them anyway.

You're really very clever aren't you - bravo.

Carnivore wrote:
    Hey, I've been on boards long enough to know that the baldy headed chap in this photo is MAJD.

No that's Typedef.
    Hey Typie, that's not you re regging as a No0bie is it?

• Advertisement

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    You're really very clever aren't you - bravo.

clever enough to know this thread is one massive piss take and that Sid Deuce is ecksor.

No Anna, I'm not typedef, though I am an oldie but goodie.

Hi David :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Beruthiel wrote:
    LOL
    Yeah grow some balls FFS.
    Carnivore wrote:
    Hey, I've been on boards long enough to know that the baldy headed chap in this photo is MAJD, so don't try and pull and of that "really a woman" stuff I me, I aint no n00b

1172Image14.jpg

LOL-Lollerskates.gif

Beruthiel wrote:
    Hi David :D

Jesus, David is a n00b compared to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Stark wrote:
    Can anyone who's posted to the LGB forum also be part of this focus group? We won't be settling down and having babies with other forum users after we've been here a certain period of time so we'll have lots of disposable cash for the pleasure of your marketeers. :)

What bollixs

Bubbles is my last guess before giving up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Banned from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Whats going on with the group?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I could have sworn there was a post in here that is not here now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Chakar wrote:
    Whats going on with the group?
    Well I have access, I dunno about you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Blowfish wrote:
    And in return, ecksor found out how Blowfish got his name.

Blowfish wrote:

Obviously I don't have access.Thats why I asked.

Asok wrote:
    And in return, ecksor found out how Blowfish got his name.
    It got a little messy, but it was worth it :)
    Chakar wrote:
    Obviously I don't have access.Thats why I asked.
    Well loads of others do, so it seems to be just you Chakar...

Blowfish wrote:
    Well loads of others do, so it seems to be just you Chakar...

Can you provide a link to it please? Maybe I already have access but..

• Advertisement

Chakar wrote:
    Can you provide a link to it please? Maybe I already have access but..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=567
    try that.

I've got wiser since a recent PM from Giblet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Mommy, why are the mods fighting?

*curls into ball and sob's*

help stop the hurt folks, help stop the hurt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Bambi wrote:
    Mommy, why are the mods fighting?
    *curls into ball and sob's*
    There...there....shhhh....it's because they've banned most of the users and they've no-one left to play with.
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    This forum is a good idea.
    Its funny how the people against this idea are long established users - members of certain cliques within boards.ie
    The same people are all too quick to jump into a feedback thread in aid of their buddy whether right or wrong. Follow each other around namechecking and generally backing each other up. It is intimidating to new users and while these members do add a lot to the community, sometimes they do more harm than good.
    I couldn't agree more. Certain areas of boards are increasingly becoming like fossillised little clique-fests. The boards of today is much tetchier than it was even two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The complaints about cliques on boards has been going on for years, definitely when I joined there were moans about the certain clique of the day. In fact, wasn't boards originally started out by a 'clique' of quakers?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

quakers.jpg

Quakers ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Gordon wrote:
    The complaints about cliques on boards has been going on for years, definitely when I joined there were moans about the certain clique of the day. In fact, wasn't boards originally started out by a 'clique' of quakers?
    I thought it was started by a quake of cliquers?

But seriously, it's all started to go a bit pear-shaped over the past year with people being banned in the jazz forum for asking how many cushions do you lie on when listening to Coltrane and me being banned out of the Bugger, sorry, Rugger forum for jokingly accusing someone of being a ladyboy after he accused Michael O'Leary of being the same.

Tetchy and fundamentally unhappy people generally don't make good authority figures. You know who you are. I have the negatives.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

But of course *you'd* be perfect...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Somebody should start an anti clique,clique.

Advertisement