Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New user focus group

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

I thought it was started by a quake of cliquers?

But seriously, it's all started to go a bit pear-shaped over the past year with people being banned in the jazz forum for asking how many cushions do you lie on when listening to Coltrane and me being banned out of the Bugger, sorry, Rugger forum for jokingly accusing someone of being a ladyboy after he accused Michael O'Leary of being the same.

Tetchy and fundamentally unhappy people generally don't make good authority figures. You know who you are. I have the negatives.

Yes you are absolutely right, thats when all of boards went to ****. I have it marked in my calender.

*pukes all over thread

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I have it marked on mine. Right next to the time that boards stood still. I'll just open that calendar entry now.

"The rain was coming down hard. It must have been nearly 3 o'clock in the morning, I was up since midnight trolling and flaming anyone I could find. You wouldn't believe the number of people who had nothing better to do at that time of morning. It came without warning, but they must have been planning it for hours. I still hear people refer to it as a backup. All I remember is closing my eyes and letting the darkness find me."

I also have "whinge on feedback" down in my todo list for that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

with people being banned in the jazz forum for asking how many cushions do you lie on when listening to Coltrane and me being banned out of the Bugger, sorry, Rugger forum for jokingly accusing someone of being a ladyboy after he accused Michael O'Leary of being the same.

I fear the day when someone isn't banned for stuff like that. Do you tackle increasing crime by telling the police to go easier on people and setting up a couple of no-go areas? Do you hell. It's not our fault that more stupid people are using the internet every week. They deserve to be educated on how not to be a wanker just like everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

Sarky wrote:
    I fear the day when someone isn't banned for stuff like that. Do you tackle increasing crime by telling the police to go easier on people and setting up a couple of no-go areas? Do you hell. It's not our fault that more stupid people are using the internet every week. They deserve to be educated on how not to be a wanker just like everyone else.

I couldn't agree more. It's not easy being an idiot? I hate being one of those stupid internet tossers who can act a certain way online but can't do it in real life unless surrounded by equally inept socialites. People who think he is funny because normal people would think of him as an idiot? "Boobies" "feel my beard" etc.

I understand you need the internet blanket that you cuddle yourself in.

So do I :(

Hugs Sarky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sid Deuce wrote:
    It's not easy being an idiot?
    True. I've tried many times, but I may just have to give up and leave After Hours alone for good. :(
    I hate being one of those stupid internet tossers who can act a certain way online but can't do it in real life unless surrounded by equally inept socialites. People who think he is funny because normal people would think of him as an idiot? "Boobies" "feel my beard" etc.
    I understand you need the internet blanket that you cuddle yourself in.

So do I :(
    Oho, you're trying to be all clever and call me names indirectly. You're not very good at it. Mostly because you're inaccurate. You think I'm putting on an act to look cool for "the internet guys"? Aw bless, that's cute. I'll have you know that "boobies" and my beard are hot topics of conversation offline, too. Probably moreso. So nyah to you! You may enjoy your internet blanket more if you build a little fort out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

Sarky wrote:
    True. I've tried many times, but I may just have to give up and leave After Hours alone for good. :(

Oho, you're trying to be all clever and call me names indirectly. You're not very good at it. Mostly because you're inaccurate. You think I'm putting on an act to look cool for "the internet guys"? Aw bless, that's cute. I'll have you know that "boobies" and my beard are hot topics of conversation offline, too. Probably moreso. So nyah to you! You may enjoy your internet blanket more if you build a little fort out of it.

Touchy!

Just how we like it. They are hot topics offline by the way. And online to. It's the topic. Not you... just the topic. Enjoy! It's just your thing. I don't think its an act by the way. It is actually you :D

Stroke that beard for us! you know we love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I thought it was started by a quake of cliquers?

But seriously, it's all started to go a bit pear-shaped over the past year with people being banned in the jazz forum for asking how many cushions do you lie on when listening to Coltrane and me being banned out of the Bugger, sorry, Rugger forum for jokingly accusing someone of being a ladyboy after he accused Michael O'Leary of being the same.

Tetchy and fundamentally unhappy people generally don't make good authority figures. You know who you are. I have the negatives.
    who are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Which fora have such problems with cliques? For example - I don't think PI has that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Gordon wrote:
    Which fora have such problems with cliques? For example - I don't think PI has that problem.

i heard theres a right clique on the computers forum

*gets jacket*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

DeVore wrote:
    But of course *you'd* be perfect...
    Thanks.

Oh no, wait, you were being sarcastic.

I'll quote Marx (Groucho, that is) and say that I wouldn't want to be in any club that would have the likes of me as a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hey I heard we actually WANT you as a member of boards.ie

...*sits and waits*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

he can't reply his head exploded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Bambi wrote:
    i heard theres a right clique on the computers forum

*gets jacket*

Sids......splitting.......the pain......

Advertisement