Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opening Weekend Premiershship Fixtures

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Few years ago this would have been a game liverpool would have lost. They played some good football in the second haf, aurellio had a great game imo. May as well start him sometime ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Traore Red Card on debut for Charlton! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

i think agger was good today, as was aurelio,
    cant see how either are getting any abuse really.
    kromkamp was very poor sooner finnan gets back the better,
    but i think agger is good enough.
    though hyypia was awful in the first half and i question the choice to play zenden over pennant maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

i think agger was good today, as was aurelio,
    cant see how either are getting any abuse really.
    Aurelio let Hulse have a free header for their goal. He may have had a steady enough game, but that was a moment of shocking defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Agger has played very few games and is quite young. Hes more a prospect for the future than anything else.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Latest Scores from the 3pm games are:

Everton 1 Watford 0
    Portsmouth 1 Blackburn 0
    Newcastle 0 Wigan 0
    Arsenal 0 A Villa 0
    Reading 0 M'Brough 2
    West Ham 0 Charlton 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

A joke. Kromcrap is a disgrace. I'd prefer to have djimi in the team then him.

1527: RED CARD Djimi Traore
    A short debut for Djimi Traore, Charlton's new signing from Liverpool. The defender is off after 26 minutes. He was booked six minutes ago for a silly tackle from behind on Lee Bowyer, then sticks out a leg to stop Bowyer taking a quick free-kick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/5262162.stm

Scott parker has just made it 1-0 to Newcastle. Nice finish too

Aquos, are you getting a dropout on art 5 at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Aquos76 wrote:
    Scott parker has just made it 1-0 to Newcastle. Nice finish too

Ameobi done very well to set that one up.

• Advertisement

Reading have pulled on back against Middlebrough Kitson 1-2

2-2 now go on reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Watching Aston Villa on Setanta now. They look very solid. I think Martin O'Neill will prove to be the signing of the season.

Cant say I am, but I am flicking between all 6 of them. I'll leave on 5 for a while and let you know.
    Aquos, are you getting a dropout on art 5 at all?

I have had it on now for about 10 mins and its fine. No dropouts

Thanks, rescanned the tp and all seems good now, 3-2 great turn around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Ghoala Ameobi strikes again 2-1 to the Toon get in!

Latest Scores:

Everton 1 Watford 0
    Portsmouth 2 Blackburn 0
    Newcastle 2 Wigan 1
    Arsenal 0 A Villa 1
    Reading 3 M'Brough 2
    West Ham 2 Charlton 1

Kevin doyle is having some game for reading

Carl Cort does it for Newcastle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Walcott is on for Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Very harsh penalty awarded to Everton imo

2-0 now Arteta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Arsenal have scored. Walcott cross headed in by Gilberto.

Perfectly good Middlesbrough goal disallowed for a redicilous offside call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenal 1 - 1 Villa Pity ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Blackburn lose on the opening day of the season for the second year running. Hopefully the rest of the year will pan out like last year did again though.

Congratulations to Sheffield United and Reading on great results today. I had a feeling Reading would beat 'Boro. This year's Wigan IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

ends arsenal 1 - 1 villa

plyd villa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Super Super Villa, now thats what you call a gritty performance.

Martin O'Neill is back with a bang.

Go on the Villa!!!!

Damn that linesman in the Reading match, cost me money the incompetent fool!

Full times from todays games

Sheffield Utd 1 Liverpool 1
    Everton 2 Watford 1
    Portsmouth 3 Blackburn 0
    Newcastle 2 Wigan 1
    Arsenal 1 A Villa 1
    Reading 3 M'Brough 2
    West Ham 3 Charlton 1

Wow! Pompey win by three, I was'nt following that one. Some have Rednapps side to finish in the top 8.

Mike.

Reading came back from 2 down to win 3-2!!

• Advertisement

Bolton 2 up against Spurs, header by Davies and cracking shot by Campo. Big Sam has his side flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Nice eye opener for all those who have pinned Liverpool and Arsenal to fight out 2nd place this year.

On a side note, I watched the game with Roy Evans. haha, not sure what he was doing in Waterford but howasever...

Really?! Maybe the Liverpool supporters club have something going on.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

fade2black wrote:
    Nice eye opener for all those who have pinned Liverpool and Arsenal to fight out 2nd place this year.

On a side note, I watched the game with Roy Evans. haha, not sure what he was doing in Waterford but howasever...

Are you serious fade, liverpool fielded a weakend squad with one eye on Tuesdays CL qualifier and suffered two injuries to key players.

I will reserve my judgement until more than one game into the season :rolleyes:

mike65 wrote:
    Really?! Maybe the Liverpool supporters club have something going on.

Mike.

I think he was over for the tramore races.

Evans & Fowler got a nag running eh?!

Mike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

one the first day i didnt want to post my predictions because i couldent believe MON would lose on villas first day but even for me a villa fan Arsenal vs Villa at the Emirates on day one = Home win, so i didnt, not even trusting my own logic. But then again its a game of two halves or erm anything can happen in 90mins maybe we can just be like Martin O'Neils old leicester and grind out results until January where our invester/s pay divident and Villa look good on paper again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Go on Bolton!

Liverpool will improve and TFTF is right they fielded a weakened side but however I think that says more about the dept of Liverpools squad than anything. IMO they have a very strong first choice 11, however their other squad members don't have the ability to cut it at the top in this league. If you want to compete for the Premiership and Champions league you need to have a very strong squad so when you rotate before or after a CL game you still have a side capable of winning. For me Liverpool don't have the dept yet however I still believe they can challenge for the title if they can get a striker scoring 20+ a season, maybe Kuyt is the man time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

fade2black - you can't win anything with kids

another case of premature smugulation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Atrocious (or should I say great :rolleyes: ) dive by Gerrard to steal two points from Sheffield Utd. He only went to ground after his shot was saved.

But then again it was Rob Styles reffing the game, so he was going to get a penalty anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I did not think he dived but I also thought it should not have been a pen, I thought he lost balance and fell, I do not know if there was contact or not. Still a pen was given and scored.

He went down cos he stumbled (the ball was too close to his left foot so he stabbed at it unbalancing himself). So was'nt a peno.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

irish1 wrote:
    Liverpool will improve and TFTF is right they fielded a weakened side but however I think that says more about the dept of Liverpools squad than anything. IMO they have a very strong first choice 11, however their other squad members don't have the ability to cut it at the top in this league. If you want to compete for the Premiership and Champions league you need to have a very strong squad so when you rotate before or after a CL game you still have a side capable of winning. For me Liverpool don't have the dept yet however I still believe they can challenge for the title if they can get a striker scoring 20+ a season, maybe Kuyt is the man time will tell.

Strong first 11 but others dont cut it ? Youre crazy.

best 11

Reina

finnana
    carragher
    hypia
    risse

gerrard
    alonso
    sissoko
    pennant
    kewell

bellamy

so by your reasoning the following dont cut it ?

kuyt
    Crouch
    Fowler
    Garcia
    Zenden
    Aurlio
    Gonzalez
    Agger

?????

Well would any those players outside the first 11 be good enough to make a Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U team a few days before a CL game?

They are good players but not good enough to be in a team that wants to win the league imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

irish1 wrote:
    They are good players but not good enough to be in a team that wants to win the league imo.

Every team wants to win the PL.

Does liverpool belive that they can win it? Yes.

Liverpool player horrible today. Falling all over the place and passing was well
    off. A few key players where quiet. The entire left side of liverpol was not
    comfortable playing together. The style of play is different from last season so
    the entire team will have to get used to it.

Getting a draw on a day like that when Liverpool lost two players to injury
    is quite impressive. Although not the type of game that title contenders can
    afford to loose points on.

I always thought that Liverpool where never good enough to be the best
    because of a few things. No wingers, no strikers and no big inspirational personalities
    that could be seen on the pitch.

But they still won trophies. Im looking forward to see what they can do with
    strikers, wingers and new exciting personalities in Bellamy which will hopefully
    bring about a ripple effect throughout the team.

Liverpool supportors know that this is the year they could go places domestically
    and this should be seen and felt by the visitors at Anfield. Fortress anfield
    could be back in its new form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

A red card is given is if you deny the opposition a clear goal scoring oppurtunity, I fail to see how a penalty isn't a clear goal scoring oppurtunity. It was a joke of penalty anyway.
    i dont understand your logic,so for example a forward is in possession of the ball going away from the goal and is fowled in the penalty box. you`re telling me that is a goal scoring opportunity and therefore a red card?i dont think so

Advertisement