Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Boots Online

Options
  • 18-08-2006 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

anyone know anywhere online that sells good boots cheaply?
    went looking for mine this afternoon and they have gone missin.......i'm assuming that we're still gonna play on the astro pitches, so maybe a pair of astro boots would be better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I got a pair of Nike multiground (all surfaces) in JJB for 50 quid. Not sure about online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Joe, are them boots permited for astro too? Like it wouldn't a problem with the no grass boots rule? Are they ok for grass? I need a new pair, my other ones are killing me, they are too small and I'd like a pair I could use on grass as well as astro. Are they ok to use on concrete too?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

cormie wrote:
    Joe, are them boots permited for astro too?

Joe purchased them boots from me in jjb (with a discount of course). I read the footwear criteria on the astro.ie site and unfortunately I dont think theyll be allowed. They area a kind of mini stud but are definitely too long for concrete.

If it's any consolation I could probably hook you up with a cheap pair of proper astro turf runners.

Damn, I was hoping to kill a few birds with the same stone there. Do you reckon Astro runners would be any use on grass, and would it be ok for the actual runners? I need something for the astro anyway so if you're certain they wont be allowed, I might for for just the runners, if they are allowed I'll go for them though:) Which JJB are you in?

cormie wrote:
    Damn, I was hoping to kill a few birds with the same stone there. Do you reckon Astro runners would be any use on grass, and would it be ok for the actual runners? I need something for the astro anyway so if you're certain they wont be allowed, I might for for just the runners, if they are allowed I'll go for them though:) Which JJB are you in?

Im up in Blanchardstown. If you cant get out there and wanna trust my judgement you can tell me your size and Ill just pick a pair up.

They would be good on grass once its dry. If it's wet theyll give you no grip whatsoever. Proper runners wont be any use for the surface we'll play on, especially if it's wet in the winter.

• Advertisement

I'll wait and see if the all surface ones are definitely not allowed on the astro park and if not I might get a pair of the astro runners off you. My friends dad can get cheap umbro stuff so I might do that instead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

so we're gonna need two sets of boots, one for grass and one for astro turf?

Gonna have to pick up a pair of astro boots anyway but i may be in the market for a pair of boots too (looks xavi's general direction...;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

looks like it, i've been looking around the net as well so i'll post any decent links i find up here, but if Xavi works on commission he could find himself quids in ha ha

nurse_baz wrote:
    looks like it, i've been looking around the net as well so i'll post any decent links i find up here, but if Xavi works on commission he could find himself quids in ha ha

commission? ha i wish! makes no difference to me how much we sell. sure come in and fleece the place if ya like!!

if u need anythin say it to me on thursday and we'll sort somethin out. if u can find out which one i am that is, the xavi jerseys in the wash after last week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Which JJB do you work in? Liffey alley by any chance? Team Discounts?

I can ehh store your files or shred them :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

He works in the Blanch one, bit of a treck from bray but maybe the discount will make it worth it:D

Xavi, do you reckon if the all surface ones are actually allowed on the astro, they would be good to get because I could use them for grass too, right? I'm clueless when it comes to boots

cormie wrote:
    Xavi, do you reckon if the all surface ones are actually allowed on the astro, they would be good to get because I could use them for grass too, right? I'm clueless when it comes to boots

I had a look at the astro.ie website and it looks to me as if the multi ground boots arent going to be allowed. The multigoriunds are allowed on most astros so its a bit of a pain cause it means that you're gonna need regular boots for grass then astro runners for the games.

As for team discount, jjb are as tight as **** when it comes to it so I can probably only swing a couple of pairs at a low cost. There is however some great value on astro runners at the moment as in half price stuff. God I sound like a bad sales man.

Was in JJB today and as ever they cheap as **** seen 3 decent pairs for sub 30 and more in the dodgy boxes.

No Decent umbro ones so im getting a pir of Nike for 37:50

kdjac

Are all surface ones good for grass anyway though? What I might do, is just get a pair of all surface ones and try them on the astro, see if I'm allowed. If not, then that's ok, sure they can be used for grass, unless it would be much better to have grass specific ones for grass?

cormie wrote:
    Are all surface ones good for grass anyway though? What I might do, is just get a pair of all surface ones and try them on the astro, see if I'm allowed. If not, then that's ok, sure they can be used for grass, unless it would be much better to have grass specific ones for grass?

Even with the multi grounds you will need longer studs come the winter when the grass is wet and slippy. Id suggest getting a pair of boots and a pair of astro runners. Unfortunately there isnt a type that covers everything.

Ok thanks for the advice:) and as far as the JJB range goes, what ones should I get and how much are they?

cormie wrote:
    Ok thanks for the advice:) and as far as the JJB range goes, what ones should I get and how much are they?

Check these bad boys. Nike First Touch astros. They were €55 and as I far as I know theyre down to €27.50. We have a lot of sizes right now but theyll fly out. Very comfotable and solid.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5/footwear/product_details.aspx?pid=27838&vid=0&cid=1500&tid=

They don't look too bad at all and a good price too:) How about grass boots too then? My ones at the moment are crushing my feet :(

Will you be in work before training on Thursday? Would it be impractical to bring them, especially if they don't fit?

So €27.50 for the astros with a staff discount of what, 15%? equals about €24;)

cormie wrote:
    They don't look too bad at all and a good price too:) How about grass boots too then? My ones at the moment are crushing my feet :(

Will you be in work before training on Thursday? Would it be impractical to bring them, especially if they don't fit?

So €27.50 for the astros with a staff discount of what, 15%? equals about €24;)

its actually 20% but there is a middle man fee!! ;)

well im in work between 10 and 6 tomorrow and wednesday. if they dont fit you're kinda screwed. we have plenty of boots as well though.

Tomorrow and thursday you mean:)?

I might actually pop out if I can get them at that price and get a further 20% off minus middle man fee on both pairs I buy. What would you recommend in boots? Have you got the half price sale on for boots too?

• Advertisement

ha ha yeah thats what i mean. you probably would be best poppin out yourself. as i said ill be there all day. if you want you could pop up before training on thursday and maybe five and myself, yourself and MrJoeSoap can head down from there? whatever suits you.

Yeah that could be an idea alright. I'll let you know, did you mean to say "around five" or is five a member on boards who'll be coming with yourself, joe and me? :confused: I can give you lads a lift down anyway which can be your middle man cut;)

sorry i meant AT five with me and joe. yeah a lift could swing the deal your way!! sure let me know tomorrow and we'll sort something.

Cool, will do:) Just keep a size 10 or 11 aside in them ones for me:) and what grass boots do you recommend that you have and what pricing is on them?

Cormie will travel miles for free stuff!!!

kdjac

cormie wrote:
    Cool, will do:) Just keep a size 10 or 11 aside in them ones for me:) and what grass boots do you recommend that you have and what pricing is on them?

that depends on whether you'd prefer studs or mouldies. we have all sorts so you're best just coming in and ill show you whats best.

Haha, I sure will Kdjac:D you know all too well.

I don't know the difference between studs or mouldies but I'll wreck your head when I'm out there.

just picked these up....awaiting delivery sometime next week

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-015-400&DEPT=2&DEPTTYPE=&BRAND=15&ST=1&SIZE=&MIN=&MAX=50&SRH=

will need astro boots tho i'd say, so JJB will prob get my vote for them as I've saved quite a few euro on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Recommended : Professional / Elite Players

So which are you? ;)

• Advertisement

So which are you? ;)

ha ha i noticed that alright.....well i'm hoping that by having a decent pair of boots i'll come up International level.............Under 14's or 16's i'm not fussy :D

Advertisement