Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Boots Online

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Yours.
    Profile : Speed/Feel/Agility

Recommended : Professional / Elite Players

Surface : Soft Ground / Good Ground

Mine.
    Profile : Power/Accuracy/Swerve

Recommended : Professional / Elite Players

Surface : Good / Firm Ground

So you will be faster and more agile then me :( But I will have more POWER
    and accuracy :D

I just noticed now that mine are for firm ground.. I hope that means nothing
    at all and that they will work anywhere. I bought two pairs of them!
    Ive yet to really break them in. im not looking forward to that..grrr blisters..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Ive yet to really break them in. im not looking forward to that..grrr blisters..

i've a cream for that :D

nurse_baz wrote:
    i've a cream for that :D

I never even knew there was cream for blisters! :( Ill have to give ya a call then
    if the blisters start bullying me.

I usually put loads of baby powder in my socks. After 6 games my astro runners
    are about broken into. That was a horrible ordeal. Yuck...uh hate blisters so sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Not just wear them for a day or 2 just avoiding public places.

Works for me.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My feet are in a bad state from my boots. Think they are too small :(

Are them boots you linked to actually usually £100 or does it just say that?

By the way, Xavi, pm me your number, let's just say I'll be in JJB around 5.30 or so, if I can't make it, I'll let you know with a text/call :)

• Advertisement

yeah i had a look around and i think they are. Looks like a good deal alright and thats sterling too

btw...

if anyone has a spare pair of size 9 or 10 boots lying around any chance u could bring em along tomorow night? As i've said my old boots can't be found and my new ones won't arrive til next week sometime. if not I'll have to make do with trainers.......praying it don't rain

Tomorrows weather aint looking too bad so runners would do fine.

Ive not got a size 10. Ive a spare size 13 addidas which = 11.5ish :confused:

cheers man but they'll prob be too big. Used to have adidas one that were 10.5 tho i thinks....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I may have an pair of Puma King mouldies lyin around in a size 10 if thats any use. Ive about 5 or 6 pairs of boots but not a chance of you gettin my Preds or Copa Mundials!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What's with the 13 = 11.5? Is this why my size 10 boots are too small? Got your pm Xavi, that's cool yeah:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

cormie wrote:
    What's with the 13 = 11.5? Is this why my size 10 boots are too small? Got your pm Xavi, that's cool yeah:)

Grand job. As for the sizes, maybe you're goin by the US size and not the UK as US are one ize different i.e. a size 11 US is equal to a size 10 UK.

http://www.soccer.com/images/catalog/productimages/600/462577.FW24.JPG

Got them today in JJB €45 a but too much padding for my liking but perfect for astro.

Wearing them all day need them broken in for my glorious guest appearance for Pats tomorrow :)

kdjac

your what?

At half time tomorrow in the Pats Dundalk game i have to take a free kick ,3 Pats fans vs 3 Dalk fans. been practising all day Bend it like Fahey

/Check out pic for evilest kids in the world :p

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What range, how many in the wall?

What's with the 13 = 11.5? Is this why my size 10 boots are too small? Got your pm Xavi, that's cool yeah

Some of the Adidas boots are "tight" fitting.

Ive two pairs of Adidas predator pulse preds.jpg

Im a size 11.5. So usually I swing with size 12 in almost everything.

For Adidas boots I have to wear a size UK 13 / US 13.5

Ill show them to you next time you are at training. When you're holding them in
    your hand they do not look like size 13 at all.

Sole to sole they are the same size as my Nike astro boots which are size 12 UK.
    But the Adidas ones are tighter fitted.

KdjaCL wrote:
    /Check out pic for evilest kids in the world :p

kdjac

The ginger kid looks very strange. :confused:

irish1 wrote:
    What range, how many in the wall?

30 or so and its that wall thats in the pic.

/Blackwizard the missus gonna **** you up next we play , she was/is ginger too.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is this a bleedin' fix that you are in this comp or what?

KdjaCL wrote:
    /Blackwizard the missus gonna **** you up next we play , she was/is ginger too.

I was raised by south park so point her in that direction across the pond. :)

• Advertisement

so after all the hype of my new "elite player " boots....got an email today saying that there had been an administrative foul up and they weren't in stock.

off to JJB with me i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

Ok, so just to clarify, we'd need a pair of astros AND a pair of studded boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Youll only need studs for training in the park or anywhere on grass, astro is what we need for matches, you could probably play in normal runners once they have decent grips, but astro trainers would be best.

Just play in normal runners and then if you think you really need a pair of astro
    then get a pair. Two of my mates who play a good bit of indoor and astro dont
    wear astro boots. They find old runners to have the best touch and comfort.

Advertisement