Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Bulk Wood Chippings?

Options
  • 18-08-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where large quantities of wood chippings can be bought? As in not those little 20-50kg bags but the huge trade size containers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,405 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Are you looking for chips for a heater, or mulch for you garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

mulch for a garden, i thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Try your local recycling center. The one in Navan does mulching of Trees bushes etc and you can take as much as you like. Not the best stuff in the World but it good ground cover.

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 39,405 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

garyh3 wrote:
    Try your local recycling center. The one in Navan does mulching of Trees bushes etc and you can take as much as you like. Not the best stuff in the World but it good ground cover.

Garyh3
    Thats what i was going to suggest, going to the recycle centre and getting enough for a good base covering. Then buy a bag or two of the regulkar stuff for a top cover. If you are happy with quaility of the recycled stuff then there is no need for top covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Go direct to the producers... i.e sawmills or tree surgeons. Just ring a few from the Yellow pages...

edit: Actually just get the free stuff from the recycling centers, I didn't know it was free... the sawmills may charge a little...

• Advertisement
Advertisement