Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single Father

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I do love a happy ending - delighted for ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

antodeco wrote:
    Well folks, I know its been a while! Well Ive managed to find someone already!! She is also a mom, and she appreciates the difficulties. Funnier thing is, I met her through this! :)

Brill! Anyone we know?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

antodeco wrote:
    Well folks, I know its been a while! Well Ive managed to find someone already!! She is also a mom, and she appreciates the difficulties. Funnier thing is, I met her through this! :)

Dis is cool, did you meet her on this thread!?! Can I guess who!?! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Yay!!! I'm very very happy for you :D:D:D
    Goodluck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

op i don't thjink grils think you are used goods...

however as a girl who's met a couple of guys with kids, the things that went thru my mind was his ex gf and how that would work out. some ex's pout the kids in the middle and cause tonnes of problems.. thats difficult for the new gf to deal with.

Also you are basically sharing your guy with another woman basically...

if the girl is worth it, you having a kid won't make a diff. A guy who is really into looking after their child is actually attractive to girls cos we get to see what you'd be like as a dad!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

antodeco wrote:

Congrats to you first of all for breaking the cycle and looking after your child etc.

I agree with what your original post is about, I am also a single father, see my son every weekend, take him for a couple of weeks etc. I love him to bits and nothing will ever change that! When I broke up with his mother it was very hard to get back into the swing of things with women. Generally as soon as they found out I had a child there was a big cloud of smoke left on front of me in the shape of them! Not all women are like that tho, I met a lot of fantastic women that accepted that my son will always be put before myself even!! Currently I am seeing someone and have done so for nearly a year now and she knew about my son before anything happened with us.
    I think the main thing is that some women don't understand that you care about your child or even want to be part of their life and make them number 1!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I'm a full time single dad to my 13 year old son. At different points I have been a bit self concious about it with girls too but now see that all it was was just me projecting my own lack of confidence. Even though I'm 33 I look alot younger and have a tendency to get attention from girls that are a bit younger than me and even then when I say I have a kid the majority of them don't even bat an eyelid. If anything, my experience tells me that girls of all ages seem to find it attractive!
    Don't worry about it at all. You'll just be making obsatcles for yourself that need not be there. Good luck!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Well she is from Boards, but not from this thread!! Out of her privacy I wont tell!! you are all more than welcome to guess tho :D Well she has a child herself, so we are both in the same boat. Makes you realise that things sometimes do work out! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lil momma

I am the lucky lady... Thanks to boards.ie :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

antodeco wrote:

Well that's just fantastic! :)

Advertisement