Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help: HAVE I FAILED?

Options
  • 18-08-2006 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey Im just needing some help tp know if i have failed or not.

I failed Higher Level Engineering and Ordinary Level Maths and Ordinary Biology.

I think I have failed just wanna be sure.:confused:

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

failed the leaving????

I dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

If you have the points you need from other subjects then no you didn't fail. Failing maths does really limit you're options though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

You can't actually fail the leaving (unless you fail every subject of course!) but a lot of people consider "failure" to be not getting your college choice. e.g. a student who got 560 and only wanted medicine would considered themselves to have failed. If you have any college course that you wanted then you haven't failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭beer4life

Of course i wouldn't think I failed if I got what i needed for college. The College Course I have applied for said requirements was to pass the Leaving Cert. S o what does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I reckon they simply mean that you have actually sat the leaving cert parhaps.

• Advertisement

Well if so Im a happy man. Well only if I get an offer of them though. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

soz but my careers teacher says once you fail maths, eng or irish u have failed the leaving but the college might still accept you due to individual entry requirements! hope u get it!

disney wrote:
    soz but my careers teacher says once you fail maths, eng or irish u have failed the leaving but the college might still accept you due to individual entry requirements! hope u get it!

Well feck it on a downer again.

Oh its a plc course does that make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If you fail English, Irish or Maths you do not fail the Leaving Cert. That's bollocks. You can't really 'fail' the Leaving Cert, you just have it. Of course, if you fail half your subjects it won't look too impressive on the 'oul CV. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think you can do an arts degree. Pretty much everything else needs at least a D in pass maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Id you dont get an offer then there is usually a vacant places section on cao.ie so check there after the offers come through.

Advertisement