Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Help??

Options
  • 18-08-2006 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I've managed to surpass the points requirement for the 5 courses I've applied to, only thing is I missed out on the Maths Requirement for 3 of them, the Maths requirement was an Ordinary B1 and I got B3, do you think theres any chance of them dropping the points requisite?? The courses are I.T in NUIG, Games Development, and Media Design in U.L. I'd really prefer these to the other two courses on my CAO.. so I'm praying that they do drop the maths..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I guess there could be a chance man. After all, 4,000 people failed maths! So there gonna have to do something.

Im kinda in the same situation, got the course I wanted, but not high enough score in maths even though I passed. I will prolly end up having to do a PLC to get the course I want, but I'm happy enough I can get it, even if it is an extra year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

R0C0 wrote:
    I've managed to surpass the points requirement for the 5 courses I've applied to, only thing is I missed out on the Maths Requirement for 3 of them, the Maths requirement was an Ordinary B1 and I got B3, do you think theres any chance of them dropping the points requisite?? The courses are I.T in NUIG, Games Development, and Media Design in U.L. I'd really prefer these to the other two courses on my CAO.. so I'm praying that they do drop the maths..

I applied for IT in Galway back in february as my 1st choice but my guidance teacher put me off completely sayin that it was full of maths and few jobs at the end of it.
    For the maths, NUIG run their own maths exams for people like you who didn't meet requrements. I think its on tomorrow actually (could be wrong) so you shud ring them.
    I have past papers and I must say its pretty difficult stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

I really hope its not tomorrow... ****... I guess if they don't drop the Maths Requirement I'll go for one of the courses I get offered, worst case scenerio I drop out and just sit the maths paper next year, but I hope it doesn't come to that! Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

whassupp2 wrote:
    I applied for IT in Galway back in february as my 1st choice but my guidance teacher put me off completely sayin that it was full of maths and few jobs at the end of it.
    Your teacher doesn't seem to know what he's talking about; science and technology, especially IT sectors, are likely to be full of job oppertunities in the coming years.
    In an increasingly knowledge-based, digital economy, high-tech skills will be sought after keenly and valued highly. There has never been a better time to choose a future in Information Technology (IT).

A government-appointed Expert Group has estimated that in the latter years of this decade there will be a severe shortage of computing and engineering graduates.

If this is true it represents a significant opportunity for today's transition, fifth and sixth year students.

Advertisement