Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlton Athletic - Irish Addicks

• 18-08-2006 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi All,

If anyone is interested in watching some premiership games over the next coming year but cant necessarily get tickets to the usual Chelease,Liverpool Arsenal games. I would recommend visiting the Valley where Charlton Athletic play. They are very good for offering tickets for general sale and your usually in for a goal scoring game. Have been to about 5 games last year and hopeing to top that this year.

Also just wondering am i the only sole Charlton Athletic supporter in here. :)

Irish Addicks

http://irishaddicks.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Was in London a few years back and went to see them v Blackpool in the 3rd round of the FA cup.
    Nice tidy comfortable ground, easy to get to, not too pricey, good bet if you just want to see football in London.
    I would deffo. go to them again.
    BTW the same week they played Ipswich on Jan 1st, I decided to go to Spurs v Blackburn instead, that game was a boring 1-0 home win, Chalton v Ipswich was 4-3. I was kicking myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

reddeagle wrote:
    Hi All,

If anyone is interested in watching some premiership games over the next coming year but cant necessarily get tickets to the usual Chelease,Liverpool Arsenal games. I would recommend visiting the Valley where Charlton Athletic play. They are very good for offering tickets for general sale and your usually in for a goal scoring game. Have been to about 5 games last year and hopeing to top that this year.

Also just wondering am i the only sole Charlton Athletic supporter in here. :)

Irish Addicks

shill!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Best of luck mate, we're in the process ofdoing something similar with Spurs. Hope it works out well.

Have a mate living in London who has a ST at Charlton, picked them when he went over 'cos of the Irish contingent. Says the Valley is a great stadium with a nice atmosphere.

How are you fixed if you want away tickets? He tells me the Charlton fans aren't the best travellers, so if you were to organise any trips to see them an away trip might be as good an idea, think you took a bus load to Boro last year (not slagging...;) )

I'll mail your blog url to my mate in London.

p.s. PM me if you need any advice for away trips or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 reddeagle

Charlton v Bolton... 26th August 2006

Saturday August 26th saw Chalton play just their second home game of the season at the Valley...

Some pics and and more available on

:)

Hi Guys,

Some pictures of the game from Charlton v Arsenal at the weekend. I will upload more later on.

Also a link to match of the day hightlights for the game, if anyone wants to watch a replay of that goal from Van Persie.

http://www.irishaddicks.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Says the Valley is a great stadium with a nice atmosphere.

I heard the atmosphere there is crap. Full of families and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Valley is one of the London grounds I have yet to visit. I had a ticket for the Orient cup game earlier in the year, but I destroyed my leg 2 weeks previous, so couldnt make it.

Normally when I go to London I go to either Fulham (easy to get tickets), or Leyton Orient (where I ahve a few buddies). Maybe I'll get to The Valley soon.

The stadium is actually a lovely stadium, you get a great view of the stadium no matter where you are.

The atmosphere has been great for the last two games i was at. For the Bolton game, the only game they have won so far this year. The home fans really got behind the team and i firmly believe it was the reason the won the game.

For the Arsenal game last weekend, that was different, the Arsenal home fans did an excellent job of supporting their team and really out sung the home fans.

If anyone is interested in going to the valley, give me a shout i can give you any help needed.

We (Irish Addicks) are fully recognised by Charlton Athletic and they helped us out getting tickets for last weekends game, we are getting together a proper website and soon will feature on their home page. The club are really interested in building support over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Have been to the Valley for an Ireland game, nice little stadium, great view of the action but thought it was a pain in the arse to get to and the surrounding area is a bit dodgy looking. Kebab shop, off licence, kebab shop, off licence, pub with a copper on the door, Conservative club, kebab shop....you get the picture. All right for students I suppose. Although price of a pint was pretty reasonable for London

Bit harsh!..

to be honest, i cant say i have actually stayed around Charlton its self after a game usually headed back to London - so you could be right.

To get to charlton

Take tube to London Bridge, then 15 minute train to Charlton from there, only two stops the first is Greenwich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭liam1204

years ago when i lived in london i used to go see man united there. used to be able to pay in at the gate. the games were never great as far as i can remember. actually cant remember that much from those days (early 90's) at all. i remember the kebabs were good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

shill!!!!!

Shill who took the time to register and get access, fair play tbh.

kdjac

Advertisement