Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Institute

Options
  • 18-08-2006 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm a bogger from the wilds of Roscommon who is not a happy little fat bastard with his results, and I'm considering repeating in the 'Tute.

I don't know anyone who went there, pretty much, so I thought I might ask the opinions of the board.:) I think some people on this board have gone to school there, so any info welcome, like, is it totally OHMYGOD Ross O'Carroll Kelly territory?;) Basically, is it worth it, and are the hours as penal as I've heard?

Thanks for helping.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

im out of there three years now and i did fifth and six year and i can honestly say i had a better social life in school than college.if you organise your timetable to what suits you you will not feel like you are locked up and will enjoy going in.it is worth ity imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I heard you do classes from 9-3 and after can do whatever the hell you want. My friend went a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Gangsta wrote:
    I heard you do classes from 9-3 and after can do whatever the hell you want. My friend went a couple of years ago.
    You choose your own timetable. They give you a list of times for different classes/teachers and then you make it out. Great school!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i just finished there this year after two years, i'd definately reccomend it!

i'm not gonna lie, it does have its fair share of groupies but there was well over a thousand students so they're in the minority!

i made loads of friends there and i did so much better then i could have hoped for in my leaving because of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I went there for sixth year and I loved every moment of it! In my old school all my friends put up with fierce competiton - spending lunch times competing with each other! In the institute everyone is just so nice! You would be at an open day and not know a person yet they would still smile and say hello! Because there is so many students there is no cliques - everyone kind of mixes with everyone! Its great fun and great atmosphere to learn! I knew people from roscomon who repeated and also people from galway to foxrock! Great mix of people - I defo recommend for repeating! I knew a lot of repeaters who did amazing!!

Advertisement