Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any advice 4 next year

Options
  • 18-08-2006 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

so u all done great any advice for next year, seeing all my friends doing well is a great motivation that hard work pays off!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Um...study?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

^What they said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

If you do Construction start your project early I was still not finished in the last few weeks of school. I can remember a repeat student (name begins with a 'K' and has a tiger as his avatar) saying "start it early" I really didnt think it wud take me as long as it did but now I wish I had because I had set out plans to study for subjects in school but I ended up missed loads of not just free class but my subject classes!

Same with Geog & History(didnt do hist) get them done before the deadline not on the last day like me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

start earlier, i'm repeating cos i slacked off 1/2way through and was 15pts off what I wanted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I was ten points off what I wanted, but I'm doing a PLC, instead of another year in school!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

see my sig :D

it's people like you i built that site for :) all the advice and links you need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

eamoss wrote:
    If you do Construction start your project early I was still not finished in the last few weeks of school. I can remember a repeat student (name begins with a 'K' and has a tiger as his avatar) saying "start it early" I really didnt think it wud take me as long as it did but now I wish I had because I had set out plans to study for subjects in school but I ended up missed loads of not just free class but my subject classes!

Same with Geog & History(didnt do hist) get them done before the deadline not on the last day like me :rolleyes:

;) All very true.

Dont know how I remembered what you said Kwekubo even when I didnt take you wise words onboard! :D Thing is that was about a year ago :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

Don't slack off just because your confident you'll get the points you need for your College course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Definately do the geography field study asap.Also remember that most teachers are full of sh/it.

• Advertisement

NADA wrote:
    Definately do the geography field study asap.Also remember that most teachers are full of sh/it.
    Yup!! But this year will be diff the teacher will have an idea of how it write it!! Unlike this year where it changed every week!!

eamoss wrote:
    Yup!! But this year will be diff the teacher will have an idea of how it write it!! Unlike this year where it changed every week!!
    I meant Teachers in General eamoss. Not just teachers of geography talking about the field study.

NADA wrote:
    I meant Teachers in General eamoss. Not just teachers of geography talking about the field study.
    Oh I see, My bad :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Pay attention in class and do your homework. Start doing studt every night after christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Avoid bebo and boards :D

d4gurl wrote:
    Avoid bebo and boards :D

lol. I'd say the opposite. Where else can you give out about every aspect or 6th year and stay in touch with friends at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

History special study.. START IT NOW! RIGHT NOW! THIS VERY SECOND!
    ok well not quite... but have your sources and stuff sorted before you go back, thats what i did, and im so glad i had them organised..

I found History project harder than Geog. Geog is made up of small little bits.. biggest section is what, 400 words? i did all the writing bit one evening, and it was handy.. but history was much longer.. and i had literally about 10 drafts..

Basically any projects, get them done quickly, as has been mentioned above!

Say for anythin you need to learn formulae for (physics maybe?), actually learn them.. Even if you actually really properly learn like, 5 a week or something, and how to use them.
    Oh lord, how many evenings i spent with my physics formula sheets, *sighs*
    and REALLY learn them.. not so you forget them, so theyre DRILLED into you..

thats about it.
    do your homework. put effort into your essays. eeeh.. sin é.
    g'luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Actually learn your maths theorems and physics experiments...and formulae....

Listen in class, and do your homework

And don't become a recluse just because you should be studying, give yourself days off and enjoy your life. And if you spend an hour on bebo instead of studying don't panic, its not the end of the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

just do it! :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Don't get too cocky with subjects you are good at, and neglect them. I dropped a few grades from my pres in the leaving cert because I just ignored subjects and then blanked in the exams! If you panic in the exams, good preparation will see you through.
    And if you keep up with all your homework during the year, you'll be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goonthedan

higher level subjects i'm doin are english,accounting , music:( , business,french nd pass irish , maths , when should i start practicing orals and other stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

You either make an effort or you don't.

Be organised.

If you want good results - Cram, cram, cram at the last minute.
    If you want great results - Work throughout the year and then revise.

If I sat the Leaving Cert right now, 2 months since studying I'd do allot worse.
    Revision is sooo important because that way the information is fresh in your memory.

Pay attention to marking schemes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Learn as much as possible. Dont be relying on "whats expected to come up".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

aah yes, and exam papers. do lots of past exam questions. the best piece of advice i could probably give

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

The only advice I need to give you is to keep up your work throughout the year. Get yourself organised early on, starting off study in September if you feel you need to. Even if you're just taking notes each night and going over fifth year material, it's still beneficial.

If you feel you need breaks, then take them. You will not study effectively if you're tired or not in the mood. Some nights are like that. Don't be discouraged; leave it for another night.

Keep up the consistent level of work in sixth year and you'll surely get the course you want. The bottom line is that putting good study in will get you the necessary grades and hence the necessary points.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My advice: Don't worry, enjoy the year. Work if necessary.

I did **** all, all 6th year. Just went out with mates and I still got 410.

Advertisement