Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose a logo for new community forum based service..

Options
  • 18-08-2006 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

We are about to launch a new web service that will connect members in board communities and will encourage people to engage in conversation and friendships and would greatly appreciate your input on this. :)

We want our logo to reflect the spirit of the site: A fresh and friendly platform for enabling individuals to better form and maintain online communities revolving around message boards.

So in the spirit of a new and fresh Intenet community based service, which of the four logos do you like best?

Feel free to also include your thoughts and ideas about your favorite logo.

Note: final touches and color changes may be applied.

4logos.gif

Which is your favourite logo? 13 votes

Logo #1
    0% 0 votes
    Logo #2
    46% 6 votes
    Logo #3
    15% 2 votes
    Logo #4
    38% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

In order of preference:
    2. -> I like the idea design, but not necessarily the colours.
    4. -> Nice design; quite simple. Easily identifiable. Would probably work better in print than 1.
    1. -> 3's the magic number.
    3. -> I don't like this one. Too MS Office 1997 or something. Doesn't meet the "fresh" brief, IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Number 4 is best imo, 3 does look very MS Office like. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I liked Logo 3 the shade of the colours was caught just right the other logos are a bit bright actually and Logo 1 could be great if the colours were made a bit darker.

The other three I don't like but thats just me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

number 4 is the most identifiable, and simple... got my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 31 stephendm

Number 4 is most definitely my first choice (though it does remind me of a box of Tic-Tacs :))

2 is out - I don't like anything about it.
    3 is good enough but a bit childish or something (like it belongs on a child's book...can't really explain!?)
    1 is good too but I don't like the colours, though I know you said they could be changed but since it's very similar to number 4 but less modern and slick, I'd just go with 4 (and keep the Irish tri-colour :) - swap around green and orange maybe but keep the centre white)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

1 > This is a good design, nice flow to it, but the colours don't do anything for me.
    2 > This is a good design, but it isnt as strong as no.1
    3 > just say NO kids.
    4 > I just dont like this one, it isnt as strong in my opinion to the first two.
    4logos.gif[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pidgin

sdssarah wrote:
    1 > This is a good design, nice flow to it, but the colours don't do anything for me.
    2 > This is a good design, but it isnt as strong as no.1
    3 > just say NO kids.
    4 > I just dont like this one, it isnt as strong in my opinion to the first two.
    4logos.gif
    Heh, What do you mean by "3 > just say NO kids" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I went for #1. #2 the faces look a bit too evil for my liking. #3 is a bit bland, at first I liked it but after a second thought went off it.
    #4 is nice but I prefer 1.

Nice logo's all round though !

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

Pidgin wrote:
    Heh, What do you mean by "3 > just say NO kids" ?

oh i just mean it looks way too like a microsoft logo for publisher or something, and i really dont like it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Toss up between 4 and 1 for me....I don't like the black outline in 3 and no.2 looks too similar to the vodafone speech bubble (careful now)

• Advertisement
Advertisement