Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3v card help please.

Options
  • 18-08-2006 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

hello i recently received my prepaid 3v card,and today i bought a voucher slip with my visa number on it.
    now when i go to www.3v.ie and try to log on with the visa number and cvv2 number it says i have entered incorrect details which i know i have,nt.

so i rang them up she asked me my visa number that came on the paper slip and my cvv2 number and she could log on and tell me how much i have on my card,but i still cannot log on in the site.

also i tryed setting up a paypal account and when i enter my visa number i got it says incorrect details to,can i set up a paypal account with a 3v card?.

the women on the phone said you can only enter 4 visa numbers in to paypal after that i think u can no longer use paypal,is that correct?.

any help or advice please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

hawker27 wrote:

also i tryed setting up a paypal account and when i enter my visa number i got it says incorrect details to,can i set up a paypal account with a 3v card?..

Yes you can.
    hawker27 wrote:
    the women on the phone said you can only enter 4 visa numbers in to paypal after that i think u can no longer use paypal,is that correct?.

Dont know I have only used 3 cards so far sure as hell hope not!

I think though you can delete the card from paypal..

Are you sure you have entered the number's right? I'll try mine see will it work.

Mine works! There should be 16 Visa number's and 3 CVV2 number's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

i only got one cvv2 number emailed to me,you sure u got 3 cvv2 numbers m8.
    i enter my visa number and cvv2 number still get incorrect coming up,any ideas?.

Mine works! There should be 16 Visa number's and 3 CVV2 number's.

Yeah you get one but there are 3 numbers..

For example 784

still cannot log in at the 3v site,would it have anything to do with my cookies or settings?.

No I doubt it! Did you just get card today?

Maybe you have to give it abit of time..

• Advertisement

got my card on wednesday and the woman on the phone said it should work.
    as she took my visa number and cvv2 number and she logged on and told me how much i had in my account.

this is realyyyyyyyyyy reallyyyyyyy frustating.

So you think it's your computer?

If you want PM me your details i'll try on my computer on my daughter's life I wouldn't do anything with it, sound's risky I know but it's up to you honestly I wouldn't do anything with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

hawker27 wrote:
    also i tryed setting up a paypal account and when i enter my visa number i got it says incorrect details to,can i set up a paypal account with a 3v card?.

I just want to share my paypal experience with u in relation to the number of CC's.
    When i started off on paypal i was using tranactonline from aib which is similiar to the 3v thingy. so for each purchase i had a different cc number.

I got to 6 and they froze my account, reason: suspicious activity.
    it took weeks to get it sorted, faxing passport/bankdetails etc to NY.

The reason they did not like it was that as they were 2 stupid to try understand it, they thought that each card was a unique card and once it dropped off they could no longer charge back.

The risk you run as a seller is that if I buy something from you and when it arrives I decide i dont want it/it is broken or whatever. If I complain, they can charge back the amount to your CC and then just sit there and see how we resolve the problem on our own. if we use them it is min 50usd a pop!!

I know this as a friend and I did it to prove the process. We did not pay the 50 as we "returned" the goods and the neg feedback was all sorted!!

therefore if u give a different 3V card each time u will eventually have the same problem and as i u/stand it the 3V is in fact a real once off card and not a proxy for a real CC as the transactonline cards were so the hammer will fall.

Finally u can have up to 4 active, different CC on paypal at any time.

once they expire u just update them.

its just about done my head in,bloody few bob i have and cannot pay for sumthing i won on ebay.i give up........................................

well lads tryed to log on again today at the 3v site and its still giving me the incorrect details thingy,can anyone at all help me?.

has anyone else on here ever had this problem with theres?.

• Advertisement

anyone at all help?.

hawker27 wrote:
    anyone at all help?.

why not try getting a new card to pay for the item u won on geebay and then sort out the other issue later

what u mean by getting a new card?.

hawker27 wrote:
    what u mean by getting a new card?.

sorry - a new set of numbers from 3v, I dont use them so am guessing a bit here, i u/stand u pay for a set of digits c/w 3 digit secure code

Advertisement