Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about rechecking

Options
  • 18-08-2006 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure I have enough points for my first choice but I'm getting a few things rechecked. What do I do on Monday when the offers come out? Do I accept something else and then get my course later on (assuming I get enough points) or is there some other procedure for this?
    Help :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 joema

Accept everything you are offered - thats what we have been told to do anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

joema wrote:
    Accept everything you are offered - thats what we have been told to do anyway

DO NOT ACCEPT BOTH YOUR LEVEL 8 AND LEVEL 6/7 COURSES, ONLY ACCEPT ONE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

As i said in the other tread you made you cannot wait for the rechecks to come in before making any choice. They don't come back until mid October and no offers will be going out then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭malinh

do you have to look at the paper or can you just recheck them without looking??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I think you can just get them rechecked without looking at them...I'm not positive though. You'd be better off looking at them though, to get an idea of whether it's worth it or not. I mean you might be at the lowest % for your grade, so you could drop a grade.

I was actually thinking about Feral Mutant's question today, and it seems kind of stupid that the recheck results don't come through until October. I don't think you can get any offers at that point because everyone has accepted their offers and already started university. So the recheck can't help you to get the points for your course unless you defer for a year. I suppose they're just to make you happier with your results.
    I'm going to view 6 of my papers and if the teachers think it's worth it, I'll get them rechecked, because I was very disappointed!

• Advertisement

You can't get offers at that point. This happened to me last year, I got some stuff rechecked but found out the results don't come back until October so had to take a different course. The recheck came back and I then had enough points for my first choice but it was too late. It's a stupid way to do it because it leaves many people having to wait until the following year to apply to a course that they would have had the points for and because it's a year later entry is uncertain because the points could change. It's quite unfair really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

GDM wrote:
    You can't get offers at that point. This happened to me last year, I got some stuff rechecked but found out the results don't come back until October so had to take a different course. The recheck came back and I then had enough points for my first choice but it was too late. It's a stupid way to do it because it leaves many people having to wait until the following year to apply to a course that they would have had the points for and because it's a year later entry is uncertain because the points could change. It's quite unfair really.
    I think you can change, actually. I know a guy who moved from UCD Psychology to TCD psychology when his results went up.

They have to have a place for you and most courses don't have any places by mid October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

if you find that your points have gone up enough to get your next best choice you can transfer to that course and any fees will be transfered over for you, you can also just defer for a year or stay with what you accepted first off!!

Advertisement