Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tights

• 18-08-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi ladies,

In general which do you think is best tights/pantyhose or bare legs? I like the nude pantyhose myself. I think more and more women are turning to pantyhose especially with our weather!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

i absolutaly hate tights, very uncomftorble... stockings yes, tights no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

I'm sorry... pantyhose?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would go for bare legs during the summer. I hate the really light tights as they ladder easily. The exception being that I do like hold-ups or suspender and stockings. In the winter I wear a lot of tights but they would tend to be of 40-100 denier in a wide range of colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Bare legs ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Not a fan of tights, more a stockings girl ;) Nt all my skirts would really 'go' with stockings though, so i do have a large collection of coloured/patterned tights for such occassions. Bare legs in summer though; the heat is the reason why I wear skirts so often in summer ... I look the cooling effect of wearing as little as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

bare legs, with fake tan during winter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Malteaser! wrote:
    bare legs, with fake tan during winter!!

No fake tan. It's minging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

so are white legs with purple veins showing because of the cold!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Milk-bottle legs for the win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nemonemo

Hi Claudia2, guys much prefer to see stockings or tights to bare legs. Dress your legs girls. I understand that in summer bare legs are prob more comefortable but tights still look much classier and much sexier. The exception is open toe sandals and tights with thick reinforced toes showing thru.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

nemonemo wrote:
    Hi Claudia2, guys much prefer to see stockings or tights to bare legs.

You're the spokesman for men everywhere all of a sudden? :rolleyes:

Bare (nice) legs beat stockings any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

where's Karina the tights girl when you need her?

Spokesperson please....

In MY experience I find that men prefer tights to bare legs.

I don't agree that bare legs beat stockings. I love tights and stockings and I feel that they enhance a nice shapely leg even more and give it a more galm and sensuous look and feel. To me it's an important part of an outfit! The guys/men that I know seem to agree.

Not saying it's for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

bare legs! Tights in winter..but that's about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Usually wear tan-tights when going out since I hate putting on fake tan and my legs a bit white. Tried wearing stockings before and they kept falling down. I love wearing fishnets bought a purple pair on ebay a couples of weeks ago :o

wtf are pantyhose :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

nemonemo wrote:
    In MY experience I find that men prefer tights to bare legs.

I'll take a couple of milk-bottles over a pair of tights anyday. They are the devils creation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 g_girl

Tights in winter - Tights or holdups in summer

milk bottles:eek: If you have a natural tan you can get away with bare legs. Fake tan is just awful, Besides untanned bare legs are Soooooooo OUT haven't you heard.....

For summer I like to wear decent natural tan/flesh holdups or tights. Matt not shiny. Personally i find that below 10den doesn't last long enough, anything over 15den is a bit too much for the heat. I wear 10den in summer.. and try to buy a good brand (perferably Falke or Wolford). I like the coolness of holdups in summer but I do find tights if they fit properly to be really comfortable. Cheap tights can be a nuisence.

In Winter 15den tights for dressing up and going out, Otherwise 30den+ tights for comfort and warmth even under trousers.

By the way - to contribute to the 'what men like debate' My boyfriend is a leg man and he goes crazy and I mean crazy for a glimpse of my legs in tights/stockings. Bare legs do nothing for him. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Tights have really improved these days. I only very ocassionaly go bare legged for a night out.Usually I wear the dernier 7 barely there tights. They give a nice sheen and make legs look waaaay better. All of my ex's thought I was bare legged when I was really wearing tights and thought I was wearing tights when I was bare legged:rolleyes: boys there so silly:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Hermione* wrote:
    I look the cooling effect of wearing as little as possible.

Me also - going commando in summer ftw! (Although commando + shorts = danger of exposure!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Femmy wrote:
    where's Karina the tights girl when you need her?
    Cool, I was wondering what her name was once I saw this thread.

Thanks Femmy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

nemonemo wrote:
    Dress your legs girls. I understand that in summer bare legs are prob more comefortable but tights still look much classier and much sexier.

I hope to god you're kidding! Women don't need men to tell them what to wear. If it's not comfy, don't wear it. It's as simple as that. If you think tights are comfy and they keep you warm, wear them. I personally hate tights, and although I tan in the summer I go white in the winter. If it's too cold for a skirt just wear trousers, it's not always a bloody fashion competition. Unless you're trying to get someones attention;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Stockings/tights in winter and either bare legs if it's really warm, or nude cloured tights if it's not so warm in summer!

BTW has anyone tried those spray on tights? I think they sound a bit weird (like they're just going to be makeup for legs or something!) but I don't know anyone who has tried them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I love wearing black tights in winter, especially with boots and a short skirt.
    Not such a big fan of tan tights, generally prefer to just put on fake tan.

Doomspell wrote:
    I hope to god you're kidding! Women don't need men to tell them what to wear.

Hi Doomspell, is that not what the majority of fashion is all about...being told what to wear by the designers in Paris etc with all the high street shops copying it and selling it? Does it matter that I am a man?

Not all fashion clothing is comfortable but women still wear it anyway to create a certain look or image. Tights and stockings are also a fashion item as much as they are a functional item of clothing whether you like it or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I suggest that you wear the following because they enhance your appearance NOT because they are comfortable.

Makeup - comfort or appearance?
    Mascara - comfort or appearance?
    eye shadow- comfort or appearance?
    lipstick - comfort or appearance?
    high heels - comfort or appearance?
    control top underwear - comfort or appearance?
    g-strings - comfort or appearance?
    etc etc

I am simply offering you ladies an insight in to what I and every other man I know find more attractive in respect of bare legs or tights/stockings. They prefer tights.

If you don't care and if comfort is more important to you, well good for you.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I used to wear tights you_bank_robber.gif

But I find a balaclava to be much more fashionable Balaclava_mask_hat.jpg

TK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

nemonemo wrote:

I have to say, these are actually more comfortable than normal underwear. They are only less so if you buy too small a size.

Faerie wrote:
    Stockings/tights in winter and either bare legs if it's really warm, or nude cloured tights if it's not so warm in summer!

BTW has anyone tried those spray on tights? I think they sound a bit weird (like they're just going to be makeup for legs or something!) but I don't know anyone who has tried them....

I tried the sally hansen ones.There really odd.They do really look like tights.Really handy if your wearing flip flop style heels in between your toes.
    I find that most people I know dont have legs of a supermodel and almost all have a few blemishes,veins or something or other on there legs so barely there tights just give a better finish all round toe legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    I'm sorry... pantyhose?!
    American word for tights.:)

nemonemo wrote:
    Hi Claudia2, guys much prefer to see stockings or tights to bare legs. Dress your legs girls. I understand that in summer bare legs are prob more comefortable but tights still look much classier and much sexier. The exception is open toe sandals and tights with thick reinforced toes showing thru.
    I agree 100%. Even with open toe sandals.

• Advertisement

nealmac wrote:
    I agree 100%. Even with open toe sandals.

:eek: tights with reinforced toes with open toe shoes or sandals is not attractive.

In this area it must be either bare legs or sandal toe tights (ideally flesh/natural tan colour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

As an american might say - its all good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Go bare legged if you can! It's much more comfortable, in my opinion. Tights are only good for keeping warm in the winter.
    Of course I live in Florida, so tights aren't quite practical for most of the year. I refuse to be uncomfortable simply for the viewing pleasure of a silly man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

g_girl wrote:
    My boyfriend is a leg man and he goes crazy and I mean crazy for a glimpse of my legs in tights/stockings. Bare legs do nothing for him. :rolleyes:

He's not a 'leg' man at all then - that would be a tights fetish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Agreed. Shame on him passing himself off as an ordinary leg man. It runs deeper than that g_girl.

Bare legs ftw btw, all year round, milk bottles or tanned, doesn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Speaking as a guy, I find tights foul. Stockings, be they suspenders or hold ups are fine with a knee lenght skirt, but not nice with a shorter skirt (and of course they're brilliant in the bedroom ;) ) Generally, I find bare legs more attractive, even though I can imagine how cold that is in winter. Then again if it's cold, why subject yourself to skirts in the first place? Tights won't keep you warm. Buy some trousers :D

• Advertisement

MojoMaker wrote:
    Agreed. Shame on him passing himself off as an ordinary leg man. It runs deeper than that g_girl.

I may have overstated it when I said that bare legs do nothing for him. He doesn't have a fetish, he simply finds my legs sexier in stockings or tights. He also thinks that I look sexy in high heels, but he doesn't have a foot or shoe fetish. :rolleyes:

g_girl wrote:
    :eek: tights with reinforced toes with open toe shoes or sandals is not attractive.

In this area it must be either bare legs or sandal toe tights (ideally flesh/natural tan colour)
    Well a sandal toe would be preferable I suppose, but I still think nylon covered legs look and feel much better.

I agree.

tights or stockings ftw!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 george_curious

Interesting thread.

I have a question for the ladies. This is a genuine puzzlement.....

Tights are like stocking but with built in knickers right?

So why do women still wear knickers with tights? I just don't get it:confused:

euww no tights dont have knickers built in...where did you get that idea?

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote:
    euww no tights dont have knickers built in...where did you get that idea?

I got that idea because they look like stockings that are joined together in the middle, with what could be described as a farily skimpy knicker. What's the point in the 'middle' bit if it is not to replace the knickers? Also most of the tights that I have been up close and personal with:D have had a, I believe the terms is gusset, smack bank in the middle. What is that for if they are supposed to be worn with knickers?:confused:

You can see through the gusset. That's why they wear knickers. I'm more curious to find out what this part is for:
    p4xpt699xlargejw8.jpg
    Any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Peter C.

I really love tights. I find them such a turn on. I especially like the more sheer ones. I love the look and feel of them. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Peter C. wrote:
    I really love tights. I find them such a turn on. I especially like the more sheer ones. I love the look and feel of them. I just needed to get that off my chest.
    Sounds like me:D

Do we have any answer to the tights with knickers question.

Why do they need to be worn with knickers?

All the advertising packaging shows the models wearing the tights without underwear (bar the worrying picture supplied by nealmac above). If they are supposed to be worn with knickers then what is the gusset yolk for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

personally i prefer girls without tights or fake tan!! much prefer au naturale legs! even if they do look like milk bottles(how the hell are ya meant to get a tan in Ireland anyways lol?!)! and i wont get into how much i hate fake tan!!

nealmac wrote:
    You can see through the gusset. That's why they wear knickers. I'm more curious to find out what this part is for:
    p4xpt699xlargejw8.jpg
    Any takers?
    Come on girls. Someone must know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

nemonemo wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but I suggest that you wear the following because they enhance your appearance NOT because they are comfortable.

Makeup - comfort or appearance?
    Mascara - comfort or appearance?
    eye shadow- comfort or appearance?
    lipstick - comfort or appearance?
    high heels - comfort or appearance?
    control top underwear - comfort or appearance?
    etc etc

I am simply offering you ladies an insight in to what I and every other man I know find more attractive in respect of bare legs or tights/stockings. They prefer tights.

If you don't care and if comfort is more important to you, well good for you.:)

Point taken. But in saying that. Wearing lipstick/eye-shaow/mascrara isn't uncomfortable (for me anyway). And I didn't mean to sound offensive or anything..it's just the way it came out, sorry.

Doomspell wrote:
    Point taken. But in saying that. Wearing lipstick/eye-shaow/mascrara isn't uncomfortable (for me anyway). And I didn't mean to sound offensive or anything..it's just the way it came out, sorry.

Think nothing of it, I also didn't mean to sound 'preachy'.

It is an however an awful pity that women seem to find tights/pantyhose uncomfortable to wear. They are very very easy on the eye and a real turn on for many guys. Shame.

nemonemo wrote:
    Think nothing of it, I also didn't mean to sound 'preachy'.

It is an however an awful pity that women seem to find tights/pantyhose uncomfortable to wear. They are very very easy on the eye and a real turn on for many guys. Shame.
    Indeed they are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement