Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tights

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 g_girl

Do we have any answer to the tights with knickers question.

Why do they need to be worn with knickers?

All the advertising packaging shows the models wearing the tights without underwear (bar the worrying picture supplied by nealmac above). If they are supposed to be worn with knickers then what is the gusset yolk for?

Firstly Not all tights have a gusset. There are some that have no gusset and other that are completely seamless (these most definately don't have a gusset).

Personally the only time I would ever think about wearing tights without underwear would be under a very clingy dress so as not to create VPL. :eek:

The presence of a gusset does not to my mind replace the need for underwear however if does help if you have to go without in the name of fashion;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Couldn't you just wear a thong for no VPL?

Piste wrote:
    Couldn't you just wear a thong for no VPL?

Not in some of my dresses, you would see the VPL at the side and front. I don't do it often but if I do , I definately positively absolutely carry a spare pare of tights in my bag just in case:o

I find it more comfortable than a thong in any event and i get a buzz

But would'n toyu get VPL from your tights? Or I suppose that should be VTL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Thinking about it... Fishnets rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

I'm still wondering what the cotton crotch panel is for. Any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thinking about it... Fishnets rule.

I have never seen fishnets look anything but trashy on a person.
    I think the only person that could ever carry these off is a top supermodel in a really expensive gorgeous dress and then they would just look ok.

Piste wrote:
    But would'n toyu get VPL from your tights? Or I suppose that should be VTL...

"VTL" ... i like it!:D

No you don't get this if you wear approptiate tights like Wolford Logic or La Perla Shape tights or even Oroblu Dolca Vite Soft Waist band. No point in substituting VPL for VTL. Plan ahead is what I say.

Fishnets I think can go either way. They can look really smart with a pensil skirt/suit. Some of the newer variations of fishnet can also look great with casual skirts or some dresses but you really need to have appropriate shoes. I HATE fishnets with flats or ballet shoes. WHY do that?:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

any visible legs with flats or ballet shoes tbh - heels tense the muscles in the calf and therefore improve the shape of the leg. I've never once looked at a girl wearing flats and said "wow - great legs".

btw:
    tights - meh
    bare legs - yay!
    stockings - woohoo!! \o/

• Advertisement

I prefer shiny nylon tights to fishnets meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nemonemo

Shiny, matt, opaque, fishnet....
    black, flesh, tan, brown....
    tights, stockings, holdups....

It's ALL good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

nemonemo wrote:

It is an however an awful pity that women seem to find tights/pantyhose uncomfortable to wear. They are very very easy on the eye and a real turn on for many guys. Shame.

The only thing I don't like wearing is tights, so it's all good;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Falke tights are quite expensive but are fantastic looking,you wont go too wrong with pretty polly though.
    Tights are much more classy,much better than the orangeina brigade!

nealmac wrote:
    You can see through the gusset. That's why they wear knickers. I'm more curious to find out what this part is for:
    p4xpt699xlargejw8.jpg
    Any takers?
    Surely there's at least one girl here that knows? This has been bugging me a long time now.

I don't think it's actually "for" anything, it's just so there isn't an uncomfortable seam there.

• Advertisement

Would the seam be that uncomfortable?

nealmac wrote:
    Would the seam be that uncomfortable?

We really need to move past this now.

It is a comfort thing and yes it would be less comfortable without it than with it.

Fair enough. And there was my dirty mind thinking it was so it could be removed to make them crotchless :rolleyes:

OK, I'll move past it.

Advertisement