Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights El matchs

• 18-08-2006 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

FRIDAY 18 AUGUST
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohemians 2-1 Shelbourne
    Harkin 64 Crowe 57
    Caffrey 75
    Cork City 1-1 Derry City
    O'Donovan 60 Murray o/g 75

Sligo Rovers 2-0 Bray Wndrs
    Mansaram 7
    Singh 33
    Peers s/o 54
    St Pat's Ath' 0-0 Longford Twn

Waterford Utd 2-3 Drogheda Utd
    Keddy o/g 58 Barrett 19
    Browne 72 O'Brien 42
    Chambers s/o 55 Keddy 87

Pats bore draw...thank god only have to play them once more.

Won a few quid on Bohs and drogs.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think Bohs played a suspended player tonight.

McGuinness. Just going to check it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Can ye not just be beaten? And leave it at that.

kdjac

Jaysis, if he was suspended he was suspended and shouldn't have played.

Ref turned down two stonewall penalties tonight aswell, one each for us and them.

seansouth wrote:
    Jaysis, if he was suspended he was suspended and shouldn't have played.

So was he?

kdjac

Still checking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Fairly unhappy man, although I'm lucky to have survived Dalymount.

Never, ever, celebrate (and by celebrate I mean staying sitting in your seat and clenching a fist and saying 'yes!') a Shels goal in the Jodi. Ever.

Hmmmm.
    Jason McGuinness (Bohemians) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match
    and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points
    But they played Bray on the 11th.

Maybe not so.

Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Fairly unhappy man, although I'm lucky to have survived Dalymount.

Never, ever, celebrate (and by celebrate I mean staying sitting in your seat and clenching a fist and saying 'yes!') a Shels goal in the Jodi. Ever.

Applies to pretty much every ground I'd have thought. :confused:

Certainly with them across the water...

Now, the info I'm being given is that McGuinness was suspended for one game as above for reaching points, but then got a further ban for his Automatic Red Card against us last week in the LC.

And apparently Farrelly shouldn't have played either :confused:

Applies to pretty much every ground I'd have thought. :confused:

Certainly with them across the water...

Ah it was stupid but hey, I was excited cos it was the first Shels goal I'd seen live in nearly two months. The people around me were idiots though.

Been to one Premiership game in my entire life and celebrated a Southampton goal in the middle of 10,000 Everton fans (jumped up and everything!)... nothing.

I was only about 15 though.

• Advertisement

Ah good old RTE headlines...

"Bohemians end Shels' winning streak"

So we actually beat Cork last week then?

Well :
    Gareth Farrelly (Bohemians) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.
    He didn't play against Bray, but was Red Carded from the sideline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Happiness is not the word. Come on the BOHS!!

EDIT: That was some nasty job on Caffo btw!

seansouth wrote:
    Well :

He didn't play against Bray, but was Red Carded from the sideline.

There no way in hell he gonna be suspended for that.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    There no way in hell he gonna be suspended for that.

kdjac

I'm not sure if he was suspended tonight, thought I saw him warming up at one point.

He definitely will miss one game due to that Red though, thanks Mr Alan 'White Stick' Kelly

TheGooner wrote:
    I'm not sure if he was suspended tonight, thought I saw him warming up at one point.

Eh, I'm pretty sure he came on...

He came on Gooner. For Caffrey in the 87th Minute.

seansouth wrote:
    He came on Gooner. For Caffrey in the 87th Minute.

Thanks crazy fog had fallen at that point and couldn't hear anymore LOL :D

That will be brushed under the carpet, or appealed and won instantly.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Good game in Turners Cross. Good crowd too. A win was essential for Cork tonight because we are running out of games.

Cork City dominated most of the game and had at least 6 excellent chances to score goals. Denis Behan being guilty of missing 3 of these. Roy O'Donovan finally scored from David Forde parrys of Danny Murphy's free kick..

Roy O'Donovan and Neil Fenn were the ones causing most danger on the night with the left side of Billy Woods providing little threat.

Derry scored soon after from a terrible OG from Murray. Overall Dan Murray played excellent but it the ball got caught under his feet. Derry will definately look on this as a point gained.

Cork meanwhile look like a team that is relying on one man. Roy O'Donovan can't do it on his own though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

In the news earlier it said he was free to play. You'd think they'd ****n com out and say if players are banned are not, none of this guessing game bollox.

dont know anything about the Derry match, but another lead lost, to an O.G aswell. A win with shles losing would of been excellent

Just heard that McGuinness was supposed to be suspended and we played him so we lose the three points we won. Plus Farrelly was also suspended and faces a longer suspension now. Hope this is all just bollox though. :mad:

Chucky, very unlucky to lose the lead tonight. Won possession back from initial Derry attack and Roy O'Donovan failed to clear his line and his weakness of being caught out defensively was shown again.

Derry played some nice stuff at times, but we were excellent in defence, Especially Murray and Danny Murphy.

2 points dropped:mad:.

Just so disheartening to see how far back we have gone.

Derry can bring on Gareth Mcglynn and Mark Farren.

Cork City bring on Cillian and Cathal Lordan.

Everybody bar Richardson could see that our squad was too small. And its at this stage of the season that it is being shown.

Also the lack of pace up front is very obvious. Where last year we could go from one end of the pitch to the other in breathtaking 3/4 passes now we have Denis Behan and Fenn running on the spot. This is really costing us away from home IMO:o

TheGooner wrote:
    Just heard that McGuinness was supposed to be suspended and we played him so we lose the three points we won. Plus Farrelly was also suspended and faces a longer suspension now. Hope this is all just bollox though. :mad:
    I got a phone call from inside Dalyer on my way home telling me this, asking me to look up what I did earlier in the thread.

seansouth wrote:
    I got a phone call from inside Dalyer on my way home telling me this, asking me to look up what I did earlier in the thread.

Apparently Bohs called the FAI twice during the week to see if anyone was suspended and were told 'No'. Someone will lose their job.

If that is the case, then it's a stronger case than Derry who claimed that their fax machine was broken and they didn't know about their suspensions..

The list is emailed around the clubs too. I know this because I get one.

And, in fairness, I never saw one mentioning an extra suspension for McGuinness or Farrelly.

How many Ogs Murray got this season now?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    How many Ogs Murray got this season now?

kdjac

I know. Its a disaster.

He can look so good and then look so awkward. It was one of those ones that trickled in. The ground fell silent and Dan put his hands on his head.:(

Its 2 for definate.

Got one vs us then another week before or after so hes on a hatrick now.

Considering the transfers that have gone tru ie Zayed Fahey and Kelly, i really do ahve to wonder about Ricos bets manager in the league tag or Lennox biggest club in ireland tag (which they are really)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I hope that wasnt a career threatening injury to Caffo considering he initially got up but then couldnt walk off the pitch after coming back from a years injury.

All suspensions were served against Bray, there is no automatic 1 match bans for managers getting sent off according to a report during the week but tbh I would have been far happier if Caffo had started and McGuinness had left the country forever, he gifted Shels the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Actually just reading the Bohs mb, appears he was suspended - the suspension for reaching 4 points was on top of the automatic 1 match ban, however it seems the club got no official notification and also rang the FAI twice who confirmed there were no players suspended, taking the Derry case as a precedent we should be ok. Tbh our season is over so if they take the 3points its no big deal, at least Shels cant claim them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cannot believe we did not win that game last night. I felt so low after the game. We dominated from start to finish, and their goal happen in slow motion. Not to mention the guy who croosed it in handled it to control the 'clearance'.
    Considering the transfers that have gone tru ie Zayed Fahey and Kelly, i really do ahve to wonder about Ricos bets manager in the league tag or Lennox biggest club in ireland tag (which they are really

As everyone should know at this point, I am fiercely club line on pretty much everything. While I do question Ricos transfer policy, I have faith in it.. With regard to Zayed and Fahy, the former would be an expensive luxury, who couldnt cut it at Crewe and some lowly Norwegian side. He had a grotesquelu large ego, and would have cost silly money, in eL terms. I also think the guy is vastly over rated, so am glad City didn't sign him. Fahy, well as I have said before, we dont need another troublemaker in our squad, and he is no better than Billy Woods, Roy O Donovan, Cillian Lordan, Cathal Lordan, Vinny Sullivan (if he ever gets his game)..

2 points lost, and the league is gone as well now, unless we win our next 10 on the bounce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

TheGooner wrote:
    Apparently Bohs called the FAI twice during the week to see if anyone was suspended and were told 'No'. Someone will lose their job.

Lets hope we got that confirmation on paper from them then. I wouldn't trust the FAI to tell me the time of day.

Pigman II wrote:
    Lets hope we got that confirmation on paper from them then. I wouldn't trust the FAI to tell me the time of day.

Indeed.

gimmick wrote:

2 points lost, and the league is gone as well now, unless we win our next 10 on the bounce.

League was gone the day you kicked off the season with an unchanged squad, you know it and i know it. You had one chance to change it and got some trialists. therein lies the problem. best manager in the league my arse, if we saw it then he did.

kdjc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Nice win for the Rovers over Bray tonight. Four points from the last two games, we look to be back on track for a top half finish this season. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Hopefully we can start to put a gap between ourselves and Pats and Bohs but in any case we have far exceeded expectations so far:)

KdjaCL wrote:
    League was gone the day you kicked off the season with an unchanged squad, you know it and i know it. You had one chance to change it and got some trialists. therein lies the problem. best manager in the league my arse, if we saw it then he did.

kdjc

Meh. I disagree. I would rather City didnt sign every player who was available willy nilly, and have a secure future. The way City were going with Mr Dolan, the future was not secure. Rico came in, steadied the ship, won the league, lost players, and is now consolidating what we have. For me, thats not the end of the world.

Not to mention the fact, that if we hast lost 6 points due to CHFs bullshít, we would be only 3 or points from the top. Anyway, yawn.

gimmick wrote:
    Mr Dolan

Seen him on friday night after the our game. Spoke to him for a bit only one club he would manage again in EL yadda yadda....

kdjac

Well after his ignimonious departure from Limerick I doubt he will ever work in the eL again.

I assume the one club is Pats Kdjac??? The man is full of it.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    Well after his ignimonious departure from Limerick I doubt he will ever work in the eL again.

I assume the one club is Pats Kdjac??? The man is full of it.

He told a Bohs fan not so long ago that the only club he'd work for again would be Bohs, probably something to do with the money we have coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

gimmick wrote:
    Not to mention the fact, that if we hast lost 6 points due to CHFs bullshít, we would be only 3 or points from the top. Anyway, yawn.

Really? Shels'd have 44, and you'd have 37. Thats still 7 points off by my reckoning. Or do you mean if only Cork didn't lose points?! :D

Miscalculation on behalf so. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

:) Just making sure there were no delusions about Cork being amazing or anything!

;)

gimmick wrote:
    As everyone should know at this point, I am fiercely club line on pretty much everything. While I do question Ricos transfer policy, I have faith in it.. With regard to Zayed and Fahy, the former would be an expensive luxury, who couldnt cut it at Crewe and some lowly Norwegian side. He had a grotesquelu large ego, and would have cost silly money, in eL terms. I also think the guy is vastly over rated, so am glad City didn't sign him. Fahy, well as I have said before, we dont need another troublemaker in our squad, and he is no better than Billy Woods, Roy O Donovan, Cillian Lordan, Cathal Lordan, Vinny Sullivan (if he ever gets his game)..

Well after seeing Zayed last night, I am baffled that we didnt make a bid for this guy. :mad:

And you think Billy Woods is better that Keith Fahey:rolleyes: (maybe 2 years ago)

And now Cork City are going to lose Danny Murphy. What a ****ing disaster.:mad:

And now Cork City are going to lose Danny Murphy. What a ****ing disaster.:mad:

how? :confused:

kdjac

Has rejected a new contract and is likely to join Motherwell if not soon then at end of season.

Motherwell offered 10,000 for him:rolleyes: Will more than likely leave on a free. Its now August, his contract should have been sorted at the start of the season. Look at the recent record of trasfers.

Kearney = Free
    S. O'Flynn = 10,000
    Greg = Free
    Doyle = 113,000
    Long = 13,000
    Danny Murphy = ???
    George = ???

We are not even a good selling club. At least a selling club would get a few quid for their players.

Who's next, Gamble, Murray, Bennett!:o

Pats got 7k of that Doyle fee :D

You have to look at the management ie Lennox to see where is coming from, Cork imo can be dominate EL for a long time with att and team but you have to buy/get players.

There is something not right down there, and your either in a large amount of debt (dunno how) or someone intends to make a few quid (ie like us after Dolan left).

kdjac

Advertisement