Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2X01 - "Manhunt" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

chalkitdown1 said everything i was going to say about this episode...but i have one or three additions...

the clothes in the bags were perfectly ironed! no creases in scholfields suit at all like!
    he packed 7 pairs of shoes! mmmm! not likely either

Plus no mention of Haywire or Tweener or Sucures cousin who if i'm not mistaken was captured while attempting to make the escape. I'd interview him if i was a FED... he might know something! :rolleyes:

good episode. I gave it a ten two days ago, i'd give it a 7 now.

I can't beleive either that they got a different actor to play the tattoist (sp?). That kind of thing annoyed me. I don't like the actor who is playing Steadman either....i'll keep thinking of Nash Bridges when i see his face!

Oh and no Kellierman either! Shame!...and LJ....no LJ! I know that every character can't make an appearance in the first episode back but i would have thought that the majority of those mentioned above would have appeared

forgot to mention the references from My Brothers Keeper, which aired tonight on RTE, to Scholfields tats....the Ripe Chase Woods and Grave Yard were referenced in My Brothers Keeper (the flashback episode)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Excellent ep. Can't wait till next week.
    I am also glad that Veronica is dead. No great loss imho.
    Where is this rental car he was on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I totally agree with chalkitdown. I had the same issues when watching, it's getting a bit ridiculous now. The new FBI agent is too smart which IMO takes from the enjoyment. Decent episode but as I said a bit ridiculous.
    They are supposed to have been running through the woods for 7 or 8 hours, they are all sweaty, bruised, cut and dirty, they dig up a grave with lots of dirt and a few mins later they looked like normal Joe Bloggs walking down the street
    :confused:

I would hardly say they look normal, esp with Linc walking around with head wounds etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i dont know what the problem is. it is a tv show. not a factual re-enactment

and why are there spoiler tags in a thread marked SPOILERS WITHIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I agree with some of the nitpicks (night chase at the end of S1 to day chase at the start of S2, jumping through the train to get away (how long was that train? Jesus....). Veronica was a shocker, didn't see that coming.

Fantastic episode overall... don't nitpick too much (the premise of the show is already pretty ridiculous!) - just sit back and enjoy it! :)

One last thing - why is
    Peter Stormare (Abruzzi)
    not in the main credits? He was listed as a guest star.....

And any idea what the code on Tancredi's crane was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

TmB wrote:

One last thing - why is
    Peter Stormare (Abruzzi)
    not in the main credits? He was listed as a guest star.....

Why did you spoilerise it? It ain't exactly a spoiler.

He was listed as just a guest star for the second half of last season too(from the episode he got sliced by T-Bag in, onwards).

Which probably means that either he's not gonna be in every episode(a la Tweener) or he'll be killed off shortly.:eek:

Remember, though, that the guy who plays the warden was a guest star for every single episode last season, too, and he was featured in it more promonitly than some of the main cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

firstly what a great ep

secondly ffs how many convieniant things were there?? the one thing that annoyed me SO much was, why the hell did michael need to have the plumbing company who made the toilet in his cell tattooed on him? incase he cracked open the other toilet in his cell??? same goes for the english, fitz, percy tattoo.. pointless..

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:

and why are there spoiler tags in a thread marked SPOILERS WITHIN

To protect the clueless?

Bond-007 wrote:
    To protect the clueless?

if you go into a thread that is marked spoilers and are upset to find you have seen spoilers then tough **** tbh

especially after page 3

agree on the mindless tattoos. He might as well as have had one saying "and then attach a fire extingusihing devise to the iron bars and apply some pressure and ka bam! Escape....he he ha ha...brilliant...! And then off to Vegas, Room 65B in Ceazar Palace"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

chalkitdown1 pretty much covered all the plot holes which annoyed me when i got around to watching it last night.

Still enjoyed it though.
    Veronica...NNNNNNOOOOOO
    Why even spend all last season building up her investigation to do that. I think Tancredi is going to take up that storyline.

Also, no LJ, no Tweener?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Metacortex wrote:
    Veronica...NNNNNNOOOOOO
    Why even spend all last season building up her investigation to do that. I think Tancredi is going to take up that storyline.

well they have to give the polictal story line a rest because i think the actor who plays the president would not come back.

we shall see how it turns out :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I wouldnt be surprised if
    Micheal knew that someone would figure out the tatoo eventually and therefore set about drawing unsolvable riddles in the later stages to throw them off!
    It was so obvious that the storage was there to throw the DOC off the trail. I was pissed off that the photos showed the gravestone riddle. and the agent got a census of the entire area on his parners PDA. Yeah right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Em. Good ep and all, but is no one annoyed by the fact
    that they escaped the helicopter. Not a freaking word said how it was done. They basically just ignored it

Gave it a 9. Very good. Matthewthebig -
    It was said at the start of the episode. The helicopter had to go back and refuel

yes it was said at the start....but the start of the episode is 5 maybe even 8 hours from when the choppers were about.... Does it take Bellick that long to figure out that the choppers were gone?

People can't use this refuelling jibe as an excuse for sloppy writting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I gave this one a 7. For most of the plothole reasons stated above.
    I love Veronica getting killed. that whole storyline was the weakest last season for me.

People have to remember that this show was created as a once off series. You can see the way things moved in the 2nd half of Season 1 to setup the proceedings for Season 2. They are quite contrived in places.

I reckon they will capture Haywire soon and have him draw out the tattoo in full for the FBI guys.

djkeogh wrote:

I reckon they will capture Haywire soon and have him draw out the tattoo in full for the FBI guys.

they have photos of his tattoos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

i gave it a 9, at the end of the day its just a t.v. show and it entertained me and kept me guessing. why is everyone trying to find holes in the story and plot, can't ye just enjoy it for what it is :confused:

• Advertisement

we aren't trying to find holes in the plot, we just see them it's sloppy writing.

i'm by no means a perfectionist but even i saw most of them plot holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Em. Good ep and all, but is no one annoyed by the fact
    that they escaped the helicopter. Not a freaking word said how it was done. They basically just ignored it
    What? Just before the opening credits Bellick asks an officer "where is the aerial unit" and the officer says "back on the ground refueling", so I guess thats their explanation, the helicopter was obviously trailing them all night as S1 ended with them running away at night, so its feasible that it was refueling

All in all a good ep, like I said before my opinion of this show is that everybody is expendable except for Link and Scofield so no shockers there. Glad to see the've introduced a nemesis for Scofield now, although it looks like Scofield already knows one of his weaknesses
    Whatever those pills are for
    Which i'm sure will turn out to be the Achilles heal that Scofield can take advantage of later in the season.

If this ep was anything to go by it looks like its rounding up to be an even better season than the last.
    Oh and I also loved that Scofield wasn't stupid enough to leave a trail of all the places he'd been to on his credit card, I was just about to think the producers had gotten his characters intelligence completely wrong, but they knew what they where doing.

ok....so if you have a group of convicts on the run, choppers on their trial as well as a fairly large ground unit and guys in jeeps....how hard is it to capture them?

"Captain,....they are running in a straight line to the west...do you think we should get some troops to come at them from the west? In my opinion that will result in them getting captured"
    "nah, lets not think to deeply into this...my head hurts"

**** sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Veronica is dead!
    There. Now maybe people will stop using those annoying fυcking spoilers in a thread marked 'spoilers'! :rolleyes:

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just arrived home from Barcelona this morning and was the first thing i watched when i came in the door.. and i for one fecking loved it!

Loved the new direction the show is taking with both the new style credits / cut-to-break scenes and setup and general feel it's giving us for the oncoming season. Also thought William (BILL?! Never seen him credited as Bill in any of his other films) Fichtner was a truly inspired addition to the cast. Also loved a change in Michael thinking of himself and Linc as opposed to caring for everyone with the suggestion of the nearby car for just "two".

I'd say it won't be too long til T-Bag catches up with one of them... and T-Bag's line of the night: "I see a Mrs Gundat on the sign on there. With that name and this community, she shouldn't be too hard to find!" :D

The Veronica moment... can't say i really cared. Though enjoyed the shock value of it all. Don't think there was much left unresolved in her storyline... she found Steadman. If she had reported it successfully and gotten outta there, wouldn't the show have practically ended there regarding Linc's execution and such?

Some not so good points: Bellick felt a bit like a cardboard cutout in this episode... like people told him what was so great about Bellick last season and just sweated and snarled from scene to scene. Bellick was angry but had a lot of humour in him too which we never saw in this but just based on one episode is a bit unfair. Small nitpicks with plotlines aside

Have seen the absence of LJ mentioned... but what about Haywire and Tweener? Where have those two crazy kids gotten to? :confused:

Man.. i cannot wait for next week. It's friggin' great to have this back!

Veronica is dead!
    There. Now maybe people will stop using those annoying fυcking spoilers in a thread marked 'spoilers'! :rolleyes:

lol

someone had to do it

Well done, muckwarrior :):)
    Everyone please stop using annoying spoiler tags (unless what you're typing refers to a future ep).....

Yep.. spoiler tags are un-necessary in these episode discussion threads and also incredibly annoying to read in such a large context.

Oh.. and posted the trailer for 2X02 here and the upcoming episode should be discussed in the same thread until an official episode discussion thread is posted sometime tomorrow.

basquille - I suggest a warning in the header of 2x02 when you post it - tell people not to use spoiler tags unless referring to or speculating about future episodes.

Then maybe temp ban those who don't follow the rules...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

One criticism - The FBI agent is able to figure out too much too quickly.

I have to disagree with the common consent that the name thing was too easy..

.. once i saw them getting shovels and saw "RIPE CHANCE WOODS"

I started analysing the three words in my head and one of the first things i thought was "RIP...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Why the hell would Veronica phone the sherrif? After the whole conspiracy thing, every week "going deeper", the whole time on the run from the CIA and generic men in black suits and sun glasses she sure as fúck should have known that the cops arriving wouldn't be on her side. Mentioning the President, aye good idea bitch...

The whole storage lock up thing was so contrived and glaringly obvious it bordered on cringe worthy.

Never mind any of the other plot holes the size of your arm such as no roadblocks whatsoever. I realise there were pleanty of plot holes and stupid moments last season, but they seemed to be limited to about 1 or 2 an episode, there has to have been about 10 "they didnt just do that" moments in this one alone.

Only saving grace is now they have possibly escaped most of the questions continued from the last episode (very badly imo) they can probably continue with better episodes that make more sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

That episode was an insult. Last season it was very far-fetched but you let them away with it cos it was done with intelligence and you felt you could say 'yeh suppose thats reasonable enough in that situation' and the leaps of faith you had to take to skim over the plot holes were rarer and less dramatic.

That episode just had me gasping every two minutes going 'but what the? how did they? why did she say that?' and p1ssed me off so much I turned it off 3/4 way through. Last season I enjoyed the show so much I could ignore the few weaknesses in the plot, but that episode just made it so hard to enjoy cos the weaknesses were so glaring they couldn't be ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

I think you are very right FrankGrimes, but don't loose faith. If you can get your hands on the other 2 watch them, they've both improved greatly each time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Ya the geography in the episode was a little disapointing, getting from chicago so quick to the lock up. Looking forward to watching the 2nd episode in the morning, has 3 been screened in the us yet?

third episode was screened last monday in the states.

fourth episode is due on monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

cool must talk to my cousins about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

prison break rocks, a welcome return..., how the hell are they going to sow yermans arm back on, and the fichtner must have the same thing michael does as he recognise the pills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

prison break rocks, a welcome return..., how the hell are they going to sow yermans arm back on, and the fichtner must have the same thing michael does as he recognise the pills.

He was about a hundred yards away from him when he took the pills! He couldn't possibly see what they were from there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Just watched this episode finally! I followed it on rte2 but my cuzin is so kind to me that he packaged the cd! I gave it a ten! What an episode! why is Veronica dead? this is sooooooooooo unfair! What a mean twist but secretly i love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dubsta

Have to say this one had'nt got me on the edge of my seat as the whole 1st lot, it was the hightlight of my wednesdays in auz and it aint happening now! The majority is what we expected however there were alot of unrealistic thingys in it too, IE: the fresh clothes that had been burried months, no dampness and a weeks worth of shoes aswell as clothes?? Come ON!!! :confused:

In the porocess of getting the next three eps (Slow a$$ connection) Will review :cool:

Advertisement