Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Chord problem

Options
  • 18-08-2006 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Trying to translate the following to open chords for the Guitar. I'm self taught so excuse any stupidity please.

e|
    |
    B|
    |
    G|
    |
    D|--7--|
    A|--x--|
    E|--5--|

Is A

e|
    |
    B|
    |
    G|
    |
    D|--9--|
    A|--x--|
    E|--7--|

Is B

e|
    |
    B|
    |
    G|
    |
    D|--11-|
    A|--x--|
    E|--9--|

Is ??? Is it even a chord? Registers barely as D on my tuner

P.S. I don't think this breaks the charter, apologies if it does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

C#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

C Sharp/D flat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Those aren't chords, as such, they're octaves of a single note. To turn them into power chords, You need to add one more fretted note.
    F'rinstance,

e|
    |
    B|
    |
    G|
    |
    D|--7--|
    A|--7--|
    E|--5--|

Is an A power chord, although the 7 on the D string isn't fully neccessary, as it's the same note that's being played on the E string.

All full guitar chords are the first, third and fifth notes of the scale of the note. I.E. A Major would be the first, third and fifth notes of the A major scale(A, C#, E). If you want to be clever about it, you could learn the scales and work out how to play the chords from that. Alternatively, you could just look on instructional websites. ;)

Hope this helps.

Advertisement