Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eddie rockets

• 19-08-2006 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Im addicted to eddie rockets burger sauce, does anybody know if its available anywhere other than eddie's?????????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I think I'm going to brave eddies tomorrow for the first time...

oh, no.. no idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Eddie Rockets rules! expensive but WELL worth the extra few bob. you enter hungry and leave bursting, the way it should be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 riona

Eddie Rockets is a knock off of Johnny Rockets in the states which is even better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

riona wrote:
    Eddie Rockets is a knock off of Johnny Rockets in the states which is even better!
    Yup, the waitresses in Johny Rockets go around on roller skates, perform songs, and wait for it, speak English!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

winnie111 wrote:
    Im addicted to eddie rockets burger sauce, does anybody know if its available anywhere other than eddie's?????????

hahah, i've been wondering the same thing for so long!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Could everyone stay on-topic please?

DublinWriter: Keep your agenda out of this forum or it will be kept out.

Shabadu wrote:
    Shabadu: I've no agenda.

Everyone else: Mea Culpa, Deus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Shabadu wrote:

What agenda?

You couldn't *possibly* be suggesting he is racist because he - shock, horror! - wants a certain level of good service in a restaurant, which includes staff being able to speak the language of the country they are in? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

It tastes like salad cream to me. Buy a bottle of Heinz Salad Cream, give it a bash and let us know what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

eth0_ wrote:
    What agenda?

You couldn't *possibly* be suggesting he is racist because he - shock, horror! - wants a certain level of good service in a restaurant, which includes staff being able to speak the language of the country they are in? :rolleyes:

There was one warning given already, this is the second and last, if you wish to discuss political issues then do it in suitable fora, this isn't the one.

Last warning, next one off topic gets banned.

You know the score eth0_ if you have a problem with mod decisions take it to feedback.

Thanks for your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

is this the pinky-orange sauce we're talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Heres a recipe that would be somewhat similar ..its a take on the Big Mac 1000 island type sauce..
    McDonald's Big Mac Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons French dressing
    4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
    1 tablespoon finely minced white onion
    1 teaspoon white vinegar
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1/8 teaspoon salt

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.

2. Place sauce in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours,
    or overnight, so that the flavors blend. Stir the sauce a couple of
    times as it chills.

Makes about 3/4 cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

I have to say i do not like eddie rockets at all EXCEPT for that sauce.

Amigaman wrote:
    McDonald's Big Mac Sauce
    *shudder* Why anyone would want to replicate that is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I don't like to admit it but it's true, Eddie Rockets do the business pretty well. I'll have to try a burger in the next few days and see what I think the sauce is. I'm usually pretty good at getting those things!

Maybe we could all check back over the next few days having tried a burger and compare notes on what we think it is? A wee game for all us foodie nerds who hang out in food and drink!?

frobisher wrote:
    I don't like to admit it but it's true, Eddie Rockets do the business pretty well.
    I like to admit it - they do the business perfectly.

They are about the only fast-food outlet from which I'd order a burger as they name the source of their meat.

I'm sure that anyone who knows about the horror that is 'MRM' (Mechanically Recovered Meat) will never eat at any fast-food chain or any pub offering so-called 'home-made' burgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Eddies in Liffey Valley do great business it is a great place to fill up before a film. The food is probably cheaper than what you would spend on popcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

i'm totally addicted to the burger sauce too, so much so i just go in and ask for portions of the stuff.
    which resulted in numerous strange looks from the staff.
    so much so, one of the staff one day just laughed at me and said 'you know its just mustard and mayo mixed together'?
    the problem is i havent found the right make of mustard or mayo yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

MMMMMMmmmmmmm................burgers. Im feeling very hungry for some burgers right now. Might pop down to the shop and get some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 winnie111

Plenty of people have told me that all it is is a mix of mustard and mayo, im not convinced tho! The colour does suggest this but id be horrified to think mustard was involved in it!!!
    Someone has gotta kno............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sleur

uh, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that Eddie Rockets burger sauce just Heinz Salad Cream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I know, Sleur, I said it at the beginning but nobody listened.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

I know that eddie's get most of there sauces from Rich Sauces. As far as im aware they only deal in bulk to chipers deli's etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,096 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I went through this process a while ago. As I understand it...

Salad Cream is just mayonnaise with extra vinegar. Home made mayo often uses mustard as a stabiliser. So it's all the same basic ingredients.

Here's what I do:

- Stick an egg yolk in a blender. Add a pinch of mustard power.
    - Turn on blender, decent speed.
    - Pour in oil, tiny amount first then a steady thin stream. Keep going until the contents stop being blended (you can hear an increase in pitch, as the blades are just going round inside a pocket of air).
    (now we have mayo)
    - Add vinegar and extra mustard (made up) to taste.
    (now we have mustard mayo, like eddie rockets burger sauce)

You can vary the type of oil depending on personal taste. Sunflower or corn oil would be neutral. Olive oil adds a strong taste which can imbalance the result, so probably best avoided (though healthy).

This "instant" approach is fine for burger sauce, where you don't need it really thick. If you want real thickness, use a traditional mayo method, or cheat and use a gelling agent.

If you really love burger sauce, get hold of some gellan - apparently you can use this to make deep fried mayo as it's stable at high temp, so imagine deep fried burger sauce!

John
    (Eddie Rockets Classic Burger + Choc Malt = heaven!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is it just me or does no one else thing the food is far too overpriced? Ok so its tasty but at the end of the day its just burger and chips!!

look at the difference in price between regular chips and garlic chips.

not sure about the sauce but hellmans do a damn tasty burger sauce.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I always thought the sauce tasted like the Remoulade you get in Denmark. (see here: http://www.danishfood.net/ProductInfo.asp?ID=47)

That's a very tasty sauce indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

50% Ketchup
    50% Mustard

No joke! Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Scheherazade

I didn't notice anything special about Eddie Rockets' burger sauce. Actually, the burger itself was kinda hard. The original Johnny Rockets has 'lighter' burgers that you can easily eat within a few minutes. Eddie Rockets is just too heavy. Nothing memorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

ohandels wrote:
    I know that eddie's get most of there sauces from Rich Sauces. As far as im aware they only deal in bulk to chipers deli's etc.
    this is true.
    the sauce is a hybrid of salad cream and mayo with added sugar supplied by rich sauces

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

1 part ketchup (250ml)
    1 part mustard (250ml) deli mustard, NOT strong mustard like lakeshore or colemans
    1 part mayonaisse (250ml)

mix together and then add a little (very little) vinegar
    when thats all mixed ad the juice of 1 fresh lemon and mix for a few mins.
    pince of salt.
    makes just under a litre so reduce the measures if your only making it for a few burgers.

thats the sauce i make in work and its almost identicle to eddies (but mine is nicer)

happy eating,

gar

Advertisement