Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eddie rockets

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 winnie111

Thanks Gar....will give that a go and report back!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

slightly related, but does anyone know that kind of powdery substance that eddies put on their fries? it's reddish in colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

mix salt with paprika, that's what's on the chips, it's standard in germany on chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

It's not the same imo. They have it in TGIs on the fries too. Mmmm... If only I knew what it was... I've tried loads of things but nothing was quite right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

i'm addicted to this too, always a chicken fillet with extra burger sauce for me, mmmmmm...

I nice side order of burger sauce with the fries is nice too, and the fries always has to have extra paprica to:)

Although, on more than one occasion they've confused paprica with pepper:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭bubthatub

why dont u try mixing some tomato ketchup with mayo add a few spices lovely jubly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

LadyLotts wrote:
    It's not the same imo. They have it in TGIs on the fries too. Mmmm... If only I knew what it was... I've tried loads of things but nothing was quite right.

I think somebody from eddies might be trying to stop us finding out (Im not paranoid, honestly!) - was in the South Anne Street establishment on Friday night and no red powdery stuff on the chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Blub2k4 wrote:
    mix salt with paprika, that's what's on the chips, it's standard in germany on chips
    I reckon that it's a paprika and arraroot(msg) mixture that they use.

BaZmO* wrote:
    I reckon that it's a paprika and arraroot(msg) mixture that they use.

I think you mean aromat and MSG is a salt of types.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I think you mean aromat and MSG is a salt of types.
    That's the jobby. I knew I was writing the wrong word when I was typing but I couldn't think of it. Cheers. Aren't they the same thing though?

But that's what I reckon it is. They use it on crisps and Pringles and the like (without the paprika obviously). It's what gives you that more-ish feeling.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    That's the jobby. I knew I was writing the wrong word when I was typing but I couldn't think of it. Cheers. Aren't they the same thing though?

But that's what I reckon it is. They use it on crisps and Pringles and the like (without the paprika obviously). It's what gives you that more-ish feeling.

Arrowroot is a thickener very like cornflour.

No, I mean aromat and MSG

BaZmO* wrote:
    No, I mean aromat and MSG

Ah yeah Aromat cetainly contains a lot of MSG although there would be other things in there, basically it's salts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

You guys joking? Ate in Eddies for the first time last week in Blanch (well, once before, but i was too rubbered to remember) and it was absoloutely brutal. Asked for a burger, got a tasteless lump of mishapen brown meat in a greasy brown bun (the sesame seeds were seemingly burnt ffs). The sauce/mayo was utterly bland, absoloutely no flavour. Id been warned against eating there before but hey, the food on the picture looked great. A burger and a coke (no fires) cost a tenner odd. Jesus, the only thing I can see for it was that the staff were very friendly. Apart from this it gets my lowest rating ever. Seven thumbs up ;) Gimme McDonalds/BK/Abras/local chippers over that stuff any day. Half the price and twice the flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

shane86 wrote:
    Gimme McDonalds/BK/Abras/local chippers over that stuff any day. Half the price and twice the flavour.

This isn't the Humour board!

I'd gladly pay extra for real meat that came from an actual cow (and plenty of it, too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Really? Id rather pay for a tasty piece of beef burger than a greasy lump of badly shaped meat (what exactly is a McDonalds burger comprised of monkey-tennis, 10% beef and 90%....eh....monkey? I wish I was cool enough to hate popular things because theyre popular). Meat from an actual cow? Presambly as opposed to those imitation cattle Burger King use for their beef, painted horses or whatnot.

The meat had no flavour, seemed suspiciously soft for its visual thickness (which made me wonder if it was pumped full of water to expand its size like they do with chicken sometimes), was greasy as hell and the mayo was rubbish. As I said if it wasnt for the very friendly staff Id have rammed my car through the window......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

It's not aromat. Tried that too. It's sad but I just can't find it!

LadyLotts, I reckon this is the stuff, http://www.gewuerze-schwabe.de/sitemap/artikel22124.htm

It's what's used all over germany, I always replicated it with salt and paprika, I knew it was never spot on, I'm 99% sure that this is the stuff though.
    If you want a hand with that site PM me I speak German and may be able to help.

It's not expensive really anyway at like 1.50 for 80g it's worth a punt.

Advertisement