Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grown Women with pigtails?!

• 19-08-2006 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed this Weirdo epidemic sweeping Ireland?! Adult women with pigtails are everywhere. Look like 9 year old girls! Is it a new fashion trend?? It's freaking me out.

Seriously... next time you're out, look around and they're everywhere!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It can be kinky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I guess they are scared of looking old. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Wouldnt say its all that common but I think its cute as hell, long blonde or black hair plaited and hanging over each shoulder. More popular amongst the Polish/Russian girls for some reason, very rarely see Irish girls do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

Oh I'm telling you... watch out... you'll see. They're taking over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

/Waits for someone to post something positive about pig-tails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

ST* wrote:
    /Waits for someone to post something positive about pig-tails.

There is nothing good about a grown women wearing pigtails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It DOES suit some women.

Mightililiy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

pigtails + dungarees [sp] makes duffman say "Oh Yeah!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

Yeah some women who haven't hit puberty.

Heyes wrote:
    There is nothing good about a grown women wearing pigtails, pippey longstocking

I'm not one for wearing them every day. Pig-tails or piggy-bun things are playful I think. But if half of the inner city are wearing them now...

• Advertisement

Seriously, how is this objectionable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Platted pig-tails? Well as long it's when you're at home, not mad about them when going out. It looks, wierd! It would be like a 9yr old using a hair straightener. It just..odd!
    Didn't read thread properly, thought we were talking about platted pig-tails. Don't mind them but they look better if you have short hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Crikey Karl :eek: *puts the Slydice back in his pocket*

Lose the specs and we`ll see. Mrs Doyle had better ones.

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Crikey Karl :eek: *puts the Slydice back in his pocket*

Lose the specs and we`ll see. Mrs Doyle had better ones.

You're seriously prejudiced against people with glasses, aren't you? You filthy hatemonger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

grown women with pigtails = well sexy. ;)

During the day in casuals is good. Skimpy stuff with tails = slutty-banger. If you are going to do it, do it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I don't see what is wrong with pigtails.. I've finally got hair long enough (was never allowed long hair as a kid) for pigtails so if I want to braid my hair as such I will.... kids rule :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭greenteaicedtea

I thought the woman whose picture was posted, her hair looked fine, a cute hairdo. If it was with shorter hair, it would have looked a little too much like a little-girl.

I've worn braids in public before, I got a comment from someone's dad in a store, he said "nice pigtails" under his breath as I went by. I didn't know what to make of it so I haven't really worn them since. It was a couple of years ago when the weather was really hot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If it makes them look about 16, rawr. >_>
    <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If it makes them look about 16, rawr. >_>
    <_<

16 eh? *boo, picture gone*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

404 - not found

The post or page you were looking doesn't excist.

They can't even spell exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The term 'BJ with handles springs to mind' ....but of course I'd never say it this being a family forum and all ¬_¬

It is very difficult for anyone over 16 to carry em off! Mutton dressed as lamb IMO!

Thanks for the new sexual fantasy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

034083918X.jpg
    For the most part, wrong. It just makes you look like said news manatee, Roisin Ingle, queen of the asinine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

move this to slydice. i want to have fun with it.

chanelpigtailsgd7pw4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Cheap Prostitutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Heyes wrote:
    There is nothing good about a grown women wearing pigtails

Eh. A blowjob with handlebars anyone? :p

My ex-girlfriend used to do the plaited pigtails thing - but then again she was only 19 so its not like she was too old for it. I think it's kind of cute.

EDIT: Only read the 1st page before making the joke... damn you Scraggs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Umaro wrote:
    Eh. A blowjob with handlebars anyone? :p

My ex-girlfriend used to do the plaited pigtails thing - but then again she was only 19 so its not like she was too old for it. I think it's kind of cute.

EDIT: Only read the 1st page before making the joke... damn you Scraggs!

LOL... maybe so, however a 35-40 year old walking around with pigtails looks silly imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Always amuses me the way men have such strong opinions on how women present themselves, and feel qualified to instruct women on correct style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I like pigtails! Don't wear them but they're nice. On some women. Don't see anything wrong with them. They're cute!

luckat wrote:
    Always amuses me the way men have such strong opinions on how women present themselves, and feel qualified to instruct women on correct style.

Everyone has an opinion on something, it's a fairly basic human characteristic. Sure you don't see me getting uppity because there's a lot of women out there who think they're qualified to likewise instruct men?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 slu1exm

Pigtails are weird - I think they make cute girls cuter and ugly girls uglier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

excist. ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 concertmate750

Nuts to you guys cos I have pigtails today! :D I used to have short hair and grew it back, as it was growing it was in my face etc and since it was too short for a pony tail I started putting it in pigtails. I find them more comfy than a pony tail too... Its funny that this was posted thou - I look young for my age and copped on that the pigtails were making me look younger when I shopping etc aby the way people were talking to me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Pigtails for the win. Just add in a school uniform and you've the perfect get-up!

... and maybe add some braces

.... and a lollipop, yeah...

... and a tricycle...

... I'll get my coat

I have pigtails today! :D

Pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

clown bag wrote:
    grown women with pigtails = well sexy. ;)

Agreed!

I don't quite know why though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I wear my hair in pigtails quite a lot. Or else in two plaits. I think I have them in one of my Know Your Nerds pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

slu1exm wrote:
    Pigtails are weird - I think they make cute girls cuter and ugly girls uglier
    Exactly. It's very kinky on someone you'd be after anyway but on a plain Jane or mutt it only smacks of desperation.
    Seriously, how is this objectionable?

See the point above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Nuts to you guys cos I have pigtails today! :D I used to have short hair and grew it back, as it was growing it was in my face etc and since it was too short for a pony tail I started putting it in pigtails. I find them more comfy than a pony tail too... Its funny that this was posted thou - I look young for my age and copped on that the pigtails were making me look younger when I shopping etc aby the way people were talking to me!!

rofl my bro was signed into the puter when I wrote that I'm the one with the pigtails!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 murrayeel

simply...uncomfortable to look at! for me, they're growing old backwards! makes me really sick :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I wear pigtails quite a bit , especially if Im having a bad hair day ,Ive not had any complaints yet anyway ;)

I see nothing wrong with it , Its handy in the mornings and can look cute .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

I wear my hair in pig tails in the gym, nowhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I only wear them at weekends when I'm not working.

Advertisement