Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Away Jersey Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

The classic white with colours is nice or the K57 in the second last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

the last one (grey and black). nice colour combo imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

im all for a plain white pretty much all white Real Leeds pats in the 80s style.

It seams ultimate football.

White shorts socks and top.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

england colours very nice:)

i would`nt say the rest of the team would aprove

• Advertisement

yeah k02 all the way.

....lol since im getting someone to pay for it can i like just get it ?

Poker.ie would look super on that .....

kdjac

yeah k02 is pretty sweet. very swansea city. im sure a few lee trundle showboats would look good in it!

I think just go for it but make sure you know how to get the crest and sponser on. (I don't know anything about this it could be really easy)

Could be a good idea to get bibs as well http://www.proteamsports.net/bibs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

seansouth wrote:

I think the two jerseys mentioned here are the best two for the away kit. I also second the motion to get bibs and maybe some cones / accessories while we are at it?

• Advertisement

Ok, we have to wait and see how much money we get before we get all that periphery stuff, most important is obviously players, then the kits.

Well, I will of course, be needing one of these.

coat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Xavi6 wrote:
    yeah k02 is pretty sweet. very swansea city. im sure a few lee trundle showboats would look good in it!

Yep, k02 gets my approval.

Get them all printed with trundle aswell.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

lol!

and don't forget....

b_58.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

K02 is nice alright but I think the classic white with colours myself, since they keep in with the boards colours and carry the colours of the home jersey.

Is it really necessary to get a whole new kit for the away jersey too? I'm not sure of the pricing for jersey alone, but it could be a good bit cheaper if we just had 2x jersey 1x short+socks. We probably wont need to use the away jersey much and money could be used towards other accessories, maybe a proper set of goals for training in the phoenix since we're going to be pretty much training and playing league games the same amount of times. And we could go the cheap route for goals, a few wavin pipes, we made some good goals before for street hockey back in the rollerblade days:D You may even be able to get that coat Des (not sean;)) and yeah, bibs would be handy alright for training

I was thinking similar myself only with no 2nd jersey at all..One set of personalisd jerseys would be better than two sets of plain ones 6that we have to give back.

Plus someone on the other thread already said they'd sort something re: name printing as the work in jjb.

cormie wrote:
    Is it really necessary to get a whole new kit for the away jersey too? I'm not sure of the pricing for jersey alone, but it could be a good bit cheaper if we just had 2x jersey 1x short+socks.

Yeah I agree with Cormie on that one. The shorts and socks would be grand for both kits. A very economical suggestion!! Maybe buy a couple of good footballs? The league says each team must have a proper match ball for the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

seansouth wrote:
    Ok, we have to wait and see how much money we get before we get all that periphery stuff, most important is obviously players, then the kits.

Well, I will of course, be needing one of these.

coat.jpg

oh yes me likes mr del boy seansouth:)

There's a few things like the above that will have to be decided on. Do we get just numbers, numbers and surnames, numbers and usernames (the other teams will be like wat the funk with names like Reganio 2, Kdjacl, Nurse Baz), so I think surnames if we're getting names at all that is:p

How do we pick numbers? What do we do with people filling in for someone else if that person had their surname on the back?

There's also going to be the task of washing:eek:

It wouldn't be fair on someone to have to take home a load of smelly jersey's all the time and do a wash.

I think it'd be best if the people who pay the €100 got 2x Jersey 1x shorts 1x socks. With the money we don't spend on the extra shorts and socks, maybe it'd be enough to get another 2/3 sets of 2x Jersey 1x shorts 1x socks for people who don't pay the €100, if we ever need fillers. I think it still might be best to leave the names off, if somebody knows they aren't going to be there for a week, the week previous they can leave their kit with one of the rest of us and we can give it to someone to fill in.

cormie wrote:
    There's a few things like the above that will have to be decided on. Do we get just numbers, numbers and surnames, numbers and usernames (the other teams will be like wat the funk with names like Reganio 2, Kdjacl, Nurse Baz), so I think surnames if we're getting names at all that is:p

How do we pick numbers? What do we do with people filling in for someone else if that person had their surname on the back?

It wouldn't be fair on someone to have to take home a load of smelly jersey's all the time and do a wash.

I think it'd be best if the people who pay the €100 got 2x Jersey 1x shorts 1x socks. With the money we don't spend on the extra shorts and socks, maybe it'd be enough to get another 2/3 sets of 2x Jersey 1x shorts 1x socks for people who don't pay the €100, if we ever need fillers. I think it still might be best to leave the names off, if somebody knows they aren't going to be there for a week, the week previous they can leave their kit with one of the rest of us and we can give it to someone to fill in.

Thats why I was saying just have 1 set of jerseys so we could get 20 or so personalized ones.Numbers arnt a big issue lthough I'd like 23. If we had around 16 -18 personalised ones for the main lot and 3 or 4 with just numbers for the rotating lads that wont make it all the time. Re: washing, either everyone does their own or its rotated and everyone gets them one week to wash

Even if someone did have to wear a jersey with someone elses name on it, would that be a big issue? I certainly wouldnt care.

Just before it comes up, for the numb er choosing thread, I want 23 :)

cormie wrote:

Jays Cormie your full of the ideas this morning! Again I'm in agreement. I said it from the start that I would like to keep my jersey as a souvenir. To get two would be super!! We could all put out preferred number forward and if theres a problem we can deal with it then. You could do an Ivan Zamorano on it and wear 1+8 if you dont get 9!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

In terms of washing, I can probably sort us out a bit of a discount on that if we are going to be sending all the jerseys to a launderette, I have a few connections in the launderette business. i.e. me ma

haha, nah it's grand, I don't care what number I am, I might go american football and get 82 or something, any number is fine for me though.

Draupnir, again, that's more cost and a lot of hassle for you and if you can't make it the time after you bring them to get washed, someone will have to go on a hunt for our kits.

I was gonna get my missus to do it she loves stuff like or so im told always going about washing and cleaning assume she l;oves her job.

Names on jerseys....lol well if half the team vote for it then we all get it but if we have to grab a player at short notice do we use masking tape?

User names or real names?

The jersey for the amount we is expensive, we may be in a position to get both i will post more when i have a cheque and invoice :D

Until then we have no sponsor and activley looking for one.

kdjac

Im not sure about getting names. Will the kit supplier do that for you? It would be expensive otherwise i.e. where I work it costs €2 per letter and €9 per number and thats the going rate for most places. Thats gonna be a lot if we get two sets of jerseys.

I'd be with the no-names camp on this one tbh.

Everythings money money money :(

That is quite expensive for names and numbers alright. I assume, if the jersey supplier can do logos/crests, they can do numbers too, most sport suppliers have a emroidery machine for this kind of thing too, I'd say it's in great demand for pretty much all the clubs they would supply. Maybe you could haggle to get numbers done for free or something too?

Personally I wouldn't care if my name was on the back, and would like to be able to give my Jersey if I couldn't make it the next week, wouldn't feel so guilty:o

Is everyone ok with doing their own washing so. You all know how yeah? ;) Careful with the white one.

One person does washing and one person gets paid for doing it.

We may be in aposition to sell jerseys to plays should they want names on them.

kdjac

What do you reckon though? We go with no names for the team, just numbers? Allow players to take them home? I've no problem washing my own kit anyway:)

cormie wrote:
    What do you reckon though? We go with no names for the team, just numbers? Allow players to take them home? I've no problem washing my own kit anyway:)

Yeah I'll second that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm with Cormie and Xavi, own jerseys, just numbers.

Advertisement