Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Away Jersey Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I'm with Cormie and Xavi, own jerseys, just numbers.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I agree, jerseys with numbers, no names.

I'll happily wash my own kit, it just involves give it to me ma anyway!

Im looking forward to kicking a ball now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'd love numbers and names, but they are expensive. Maybe people could pay for their own or we could try and get someone else to sponsor the number and name printing :P My surname is relatively short (7 letters) and it would cost €25 for me to get printed which I'd be willing to pay myself. We may also be able to get bulk discounts.

As a side note, I was reading through the Astro.ie rules there and they say:
    Teams must have a consistent set of jerseys so that all outfield players must have the same jerseys, failure to do this will result in the opposition being awarded a goal at the start of the match.Each team is also required to have a set of bibs to accommodate colour clashes. Penalties can be imposed for breaches of this directive.

So, do we really need an away jersey? We could buy one jersey and a set of bibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Bibs can be purchased on ebay for about 30 quid, so that would definitely be better than second strip.

Maybe we could get a home kit and a set of bibs for season one and then look at getting a second kit for the summer season?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yeah the bib option wouldn't be bad at all. We're probably not going to have colours clashing much and the bibs can be used at training too:)

Kdjac was saying to get 20 kits for the team and that he'd sort the washing and keep the kits.

I'd prefer the other way that whoever pays the €100 is responsible for their own kit, but it's up to the organisers:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

jesus lads, we've gotten very professional all of a sudden!!!!

i'm liking it though. I'd love a name on my shirt, but with a surname of McConaghy it'll prob cost a ton lol. so i'm in the numbers only camp at the minute.

i know i'm not always gonna be turning up or even getting on (as I'm crap right now) but i would like me own shirt and am happy to launder it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

As far as the ball itself goes I would recommend this :http://www.prosoccer.ie/Equipment/Footballs/Masita%20Santos.htm /www.masita.com/eng/producten/6121.php.

It's a beutiful football and I prefer it to the Mitre Pro-Max(probably the most common ball used in Irish soccer) which is much more expensive .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

cormie wrote:
    Kdjac was saying to get 20 kits for the team
    I think we should get a list now of who is definitly playing and paying the money and see how many we have because you can't buy 20 jersey's and having 30 people show up.
    The bibs idea is good, wonder who came up with that;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Reganio 2 wrote:
    I think we should get a list now of who is definitly playing and paying the money and see how many we have because you can't buy 20 jersey's and having 30 people show up.
    The bibs idea is good, wonder who came up with that;)

I think we should wait till seansouth has the bank account set up then see who pays him 100 blips :D

after that we we finalise team.

Bear in mind the deadline is 25th or sept so when sean posts that he ahs bank acc details there will be a maximum number....

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

We should start training asap so people will get an idea of the skill level their are lots of people saying they will play if everybody else is rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

The Gaffer has posted about next session.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Reganio 2 wrote:
    We should start training asap so people will get an idea of the skill level their are lots of people saying they will play if everybody else is rubbish.

what you mean? like non- Boards people or others?

Advertisement