Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft

• 19-08-2006 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Airsoft is gonna get banned because of this stupid forum. All sort of scum-bag idiots with even the most rudimentary knowledge of the internet can find their way here and learn that they can now buy fully automatic "pellet" guns for them to shoot at people, cats, etc. This will get everyone in the airsoft community a bad name and result in airsoft guns being banned again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

that would have happened anyway, the news of the law passing will spread like wildfire around knacker communities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Yeah but little saps on here are simply interested in "cheap guns". Why not buy a good gun and pay the money for it? You'd be less interested in acting the thick with it then and only people willing to cough up the dough would own the guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Because like everything good, there is ALWAYS some little bolox to mess it up!! I had this discussion today and well it wont be long till Anto and Deco are parked up in a hedge in there little "knackerville" bursting car windows as they pass, cheaply of course.......

I am getting a shotgun for €50 excluding shipping, am I a cheap sap? no I am in college and I can't afford €200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

face it, if little scumbag knackers want 'pellet' guns, there are plenty available to buy in spain/portugal/<insert holiday resort here> regardless of whether they are illegal or not, they are still easy enough to bring home.

• Advertisement

When they start getting AEG's and mugging people with them, smashing windows, shooting "normal" people then the Gardai, DOJ, etc will come down like a ton of bricks and ban everything airsoft related.

Btw your €50 shotgun would last about 15mins in a skirmish before it breaks. Maybe a month using it at home.

so what are you suggesting? I take out a loan so I can have a 'proper' airsoft gun with fire faster stripes?

Get a Tokyo Marui, they are the top brand of airsoft guns...fire-faster strips...lol, how about high quality components, construction, etc?
    http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/category.asp?page=category&id=28

I was looking at a Tokyo Mauri SPAS 12, the same model (but obviously from a different company) I am getting for €50, however I am intregued by this how much is shipping from WolfArmouries?

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/gun.asp?page=postage

However remember, although remember its next working day delivery...so em, ridiculously fast and worth the few quid!

EDIT: Now that we are talking properly as opposed to bickering, hows a going, whats the craic?! Lol.

• Advertisement

wow! shipping costs a lot. I think I will hold off going mad (getting a Tokyo Mauri) for when I have a proper job and can afford it without fearing the large men coming arond to break my legs

Those large men wont get near you if you point a shotgun-looking thing at them! My comment about cheap guns wasnt a crack at anyone just they are unreliable, usually disappointing and cheap enough to be put in the hands of nearly anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Marts wrote:
    I am getting a shotgun for €50 excluding shipping, am I a cheap sap? no I am in college and I can't afford €200

Hey im in the same boat* so im holding off. I ment that when they(Anto n Deco) get there hands on GBB, EBB and AEG's the sh!te will hit the fan is all.

*im not in college but i still cant afford €200 for an airsoft gun

really the only reason I am getting one is so I can put the empty beer cans to good use, target practise

You can get one less the postage cost if you order it from Predator Combat Games...its an airsoft skirmish site in NI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

1. When we started the Shooting forum, people said exactly the same thing. Two years later, the same people are doing what the shooters on the forum have said should be done with regard to how competitions are run, how associations operate and the general ethos of how the community should be. All the associations have now got proper websites up and running, and there is even talk of trying to set up competitor discussion forums. In other words, worrying about the forum informing criminals is like the original arguments the GAA had against televising games - wrong.

2. Don't start fights in here, banning people is a one-click job.

3. Most people in here are only starting in the sport because it's only been legal here for a few days. Of course they'll want cheap equipment. You don't start off in a sport with top-of-the-line gear unless you're daft - how will you know you want to stay in the sport unless you try it first? Every serious sport out there has "entry paths" people use, starting cheaply and moving up in terms of investment in both money and time. That's just how it is. Doing it any other way leads to the demise of the sport.

Or go to a skirmish, rent a gun/equipment, play a few games and talk to a few experienced players. You dont have to just jump in and buy a cheap gun straight away...try it out first.

You cant learn to play guitar on a cheap kids toy guitar...that would be an easy way to put it.

Harekin wrote:
    Or go to a skirmish, rent a gun/equipment, play a few games and talk to a few experienced players. You dont have to just jump in and buy a cheap gun straight away...try it out first.

You cant learn to play guitar on a cheap kids toy guitar...that would be an easy way to put it.
    But no-one here knows that yet. That's my point. Why not put together a "so you want to try airsoft/paintball" post? Do that, and I'll sticky it at the top of the forum.

Harekin wrote:

this is the point you are missing: the big difference between Airsoft and Paintball is that Airsoft uses replica guns. I don't want to do skirmishes, all I want is a replica that fires non-lethal rounds. I am not about to pay out a fortune for one the pro's use just so I can upgrade it

Marts wrote:
    this is the point you are missing: the big difference between Airsoft and Paintball is that Airsoft uses replica guns. I don't want to do skirmishes, all I want is a replica that fires non-lethal rounds. I am not about to pay out a fortune for one the pro's use just so I can upgrade it
    So then why post in an airsoft forum? Airsoft is a sport. Maybe you should go back to the shooting forum and start a "Replica Firearms" thread?

To Sparks...Maybe PM one of the mods on ASI and ask them can you copy the stickied threads on the "New Players" section of the ASI forum. That will give everyone the info they need.

• Advertisement

I am getting an AIRSOFT gun, I don't think the shooting forum would appreciate a thread about airsoft guns. This forum is not only about the sport, it's about the guns, collectors, and the sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Just ordered a Both Elephant XM8, it seems to be the best cheap AEG around.

(along with a second one for my friend, and two extra magazines each) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Harekin wrote:
    So then why post in an airsoft forum? Airsoft is a sport. Maybe you should go back to the shooting forum and start a "Replica Firearms" thread?

<snip>

I'm sorry but i'm going to have to disagree with you there.

Imho Airsoft is a hobby. While a large element of airsoft is indeed skirmishing there is also an element of collecting. Not everyone wants to spend all day in the woods shooting at other people, but would prefer buying airsoft guns for target shooting/ wall hanging and imho there is nothing wrong with that.

But what most of these people seem to actually want is just barely above a classic "Spanish holiday" springer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Harekin: you have to remember, airsoft is very new in the republic, granted plenty of people (myself included) have bought "spanish holiday" springers but nobody wants to go out and spend hundreds when they havent had that much experience yet in the sport,

Hence the reason I told people to check it out before buying anything...

Harekin wrote:
    Hence the reason I told people to check it out before buying anything...
    that is what we are doing. it would cost just as much for a day out on a Skirmish as it would for a "just above 'Spanish holiday' springer". only you can hang onto the 'springer' for longer than just one day

Do you even know what a springer is?

Okay, this isn't being very productive. Harekin's post on another thread obviously wasn't read by some people. Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement