Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love or insane?

• 19-08-2006 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi people....

i met this guy from Ireland 6 years ago.....we never "got" together or anything.... i was still a teen by tht time......now im 24 and i still miss him......
    i don't have any contact w/ him at all......but my gut tells me to go there and look for him.......am i in love or am i jusz insane????? is people actually that naive like... if they want something/ sumone..... they will try to do no matter what to fulfill their dreams???????

i jusz kept thinking back of the days and i KNOW.... i will regret my rest of life if i dun see him again.... i don't need to be "in a relationship w/ him"--- but i jusz wanna say "Hi"... and know he lives well............

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Say "hi," but realise that 6 years is a long time and people change. He may or may not be the person you remembered. He may have a g/f or be married, who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Is this the same guy? Linky

If so I think your a little obsessed and need to let go! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I think that you have to examine why you want thi. 6 years with no contact? and you are still obsessing abut him.
    You need to move on, this isnt healthy
    You know nothing about him: he could be married, engaged whatever.
    If someone did this to about me, i.e posting pic and asking around after such a length of time, i would be seriously serioulsy worried
    sorrry to be so blunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jetfire

If someone did this to about me, i.e posting pic and asking around after such a length of time, i would be seriously serioulsy worried
    sorrry to be so blunt.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Might as well contact him if you have the means to do so. You really have nothing to lose

I had one of those situations I found the more time went on the more I had built this person up in my head to something that was unreasonable. I probably thought about this person more than was healthy and it was really getting me nowhere. Anyway I made contact after about 3 years, nothing happened but at least I had gotten rid of the obsession. Anyway 2 years on from that and now I probably haven't thought about it in months until your post remind me.

And yes in your case it is insanity not love.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kiki82524

i agree with wht pigman say.....it is sumthing that hold up inside me for a long period of time....i jusz want to see tht person and see if he is fine.....co i can let go.......

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Pigman II wrote:
    ... Anyway 2 years on from that and now I probably haven't thought about it in months until your post remind me..
    Oh my God, it's happening again!:rolleyes:

I guess it's not very clear where to draw the line between love and insanity... Meeting a person a while before and thinking about him all this time... sounds crazy enough... but think again, it is a little tiny chance that this person remembers you, or even a smaller chance for that person to be happy to hear from you again or (now thats only in the movies) maybe he misses you too!
    Now, what will you do? I say go and find out... However posting his pic on the internet sorta violates that guy's privacy... It's a very bad start IMO. Why don't you try the phone book or something... or you don't even know his name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Your insane and learn how to spell. Txt is not a language!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Listen to Duras.. he likes KOTOR!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

kiki82524 wrote:
    i agree with wht pigman say.....it is sumthing that hold up inside me for a long period of time....i jusz want to see tht person and see if he is fine.....co i can let go.......

Look, I dunno what your history with this guy is, but it's obviously you've built him into some kind of ideal man in your head.

Honestly, if someone turned up at my door after 6/8 years, having just bought a ticket from the states I'd call the cops. If you must elave a message on this guys' bebo, then fine, but don't be so stupid, (and frankly crazy), as to buy a plane ticket, and fly over here, only to have him slap you with a restraining order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

i think it would be a bad idea contacting him. from looking on his bebo in the link posted, its clear he has moved on and he is fine. surely thats all the consolation you need. just my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 magnum69

i have had that feeling too for a guy i met in college and he had me hooked for years...it helped when i went back and found out i'd be working with him around. i still like him but that 'feeling' i used to feel for him wasn't that intense anymore...;) ;);)

Advertisement