Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV or BT?

• 19-08-2006 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

I have been with UTV for about two years or so and was thinking of moving to BT's 2 mb and total talk. It only works out about 4 euro or so cheaper but my calls during the day would be free too, plus the download cap is 20gb compared to utv's 12. I see a lot of nightmare stories about BT's customer relations etc and was just wondering if they have sorted it out yet. I went over my 12 gb with UTV for the first time this month and the f***ers billed me for it even though im normally way under with my downloads, usually do them in work :D.

This data allowance is calculated on a daily basis and if you are above this amount we reserve the right to suspend or permanently disconnect your account in the first month that you are over - does this mean its 20gb divided by 31 days and you get a mb allowance per day or is it as long as you dont go over the 20gb per month, I actually rang their sales dept yesterday but the guy on the phone hadnt a clue. Any current customers comment on this please?

Thanx in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

i think you should just go unlimited with utv for an extra 6 euro a month..you will have no download allowances at all to worry about..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

BT broadband is great... However i could not even become their phone customer as they lost my details twice.. i signed up for broadband and voice in January and noticed i only had them for BB.. they had lost the Voice application? apllied there over the phone... few weeks later i ring.. no records of me ever having requested anything??? Complete muppets so stayed with eircom.. i use their broadband though which is fine and was very fast to get connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I've been on NTL for over 2 years and it's been pretty good. Unfortunately I'm moving house (literally a 20 min walk away) and NTL BB is not available there. So I have to go with one of the other options. Does anyone have any opinions on who would be the best company to go for if you are only going to be renting a place for about a year or so?

I haven't really decided who to go with as they all seem to have their pros and cons. Eircom seem far too expensive. BT seemed like the best option with their broadband talk package but I've read a lot of bad stories about the billing system. I was on IOL a few years back and had to pay an extra month after cancelling. That wouldn't bother me too much so long as it was just a month. UTV's packages look ok but I don't know much about the service.
    Smart don't do my area so they are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

So it seems to be if you can manage to get connected their service is good unless the muppets in accounts try to overcharge you :mad: , thanx for the input :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I've always found UTV's support pretty good although, in recent months they've become a bit slow to pick up the phone! You can be holding for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Simon201

Well all I can say is I dont really know what UTV's support is like cos I've only had to phone once in 3 years

Simon201

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I'm in the process of switching from UTV to BT. I've had to ring UTV a few times in recent months and I've been left on hold over 30 minutes lots of times. Haven't completed the switch yet but I'll be sure to report back when I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

did you have to give utv much notice that you were switching? i sent them a mail last thursday but still waiting on the reply, too lazy to hang on the phone for half an hour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

pissed wrote:
    did you have to give utv much notice that you were switching? i sent them a mail last thursday but still waiting on the reply, too lazy to hang on the phone for half an hour :D
    Don't give them any notice. They are not entitled to any notice (unless of course you are still under contract).

Advertisement